VI.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗
༊*·˚☆: *.☽

i. act i !

— 𝐌𝐄𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐔𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐍 family had seemed like a good idea when Edward had first brought it up, but now Willow was beginning to wonder if that was still true

She knew just as many people in Forks as people she talked to in La Push — a handful only. So she'd asked around a little bit after Edward had given her the details of the meeting.

Now, as she lay on her bed and sorted through all the information she had gathered a couple of hours previously — she discovered a couple of things.

One: the Cullens were a nice family...if not a little odd, and they absolutely never talked to anyone unless necessary. They didn't exactly welcome 'outsiders'.

Two: While all children were adopted, more people in Forks than not found it to be distasteful for the children to date one another. "They are siblings by paper but do not act like it. Honestly, what has this world come to?" Was more or less uttered to her so many times that day, that Willow thought the word 'siblings' was starting to sound like it wasn't a real word at all.

And three: The allegedly stunning family was not welcomed in La Push. "The Cullens don't come here." Was spoken with such finality it made Willow's skin run cold with goosebumps.

Everyone had something to say about the family; and it was clear to Willow now that if she went through with the meeting, all eyes would be on her — in Forks and La Push.

But as she continued to lay on her bed, staring at the ceiling and contemplating the decisions that brought her to this point...she laughed. She laughed, because despite all the warnings and red flags she was very much aware of now, well —

Willow
Can't wait for Saturday, looking forward to meeting your family!

Willow threw her phone on the bed after sending the text and smiled.

"Maybe I really am crazy."

— 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 Willow thought when she entered the Cullen residence was that it was the perfect place to get away with murder. Middle of nowhere and most likely had a secret bunker.

It almost unnerved her, before she ultimately gave into her curiosity and admired the beautiful interior of the house.

When her and Edward finally reached the kitchen area, Willow took in the family all watching a man on TV telling them how to prepare a dish, and smiled.

"Willow, this is my family. Family, this is Willow." Edward introduced them, and Willow laughed at his awkwardness. He quickly matched the names she'd heard in his stories to each face, and once he was done, Willow smiled once more. "It's nice to meet you all, and thank you for welcoming me into your home."

She heard Rosalie scoff from where she was cutting carrots, as she muttered loud enough for the brunette to hear. "Like we had a choice."

She chuckled in amusement, "Wow." And Rosalie slammed the knife onto the counter, glaring at Willow with all the hatred in the world. "What?" If Willow could burn under a stare...

But she only continued to smile. "It's nothing. You just — remind me of some people back in California."

"Oh? Well, I hate to break it to you — but I'm not whatever little friend I remind you of." She smiled sickly sweetly.

"Oh, heavens no! Those people weren't my friends. The only difference between them and you was that they were a lot bitchier, and you're a lot prettier."

The blonde slid the carrots and chopping board onto the ground in a fit of anger, and Willow smirked. "If you didn't wanna cook, it's fine. I appreciate the gesture, but I don't mind doing it instead. I love cooking."

When Rosalie only stormed out, she turned back to the others and smiled sheepishly. "I'm sorry if you found my behavior to be offensive. I'll understand if you want me to leave."

But they only laughed — including Edward.

"No worries, sweetheart. Rosalie is like that with everyone." Esme smiled, while Carlisle nodded in agreement. "You handled that very well, I'll say."

Emmett only smirked, "That was the best thing I've seen in a long time. I like you."

Willow laughed, "Thanks."

"I've never seen anyone put Rosalie in her place so well. You are amazing." Edward whispered to her, before leading her closer to the counter.

Willow continued to smile and knew for sure that she made the right choice in meeting the Cullens.

— 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐌𝐄𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐄 and Jasper, and a few hours of just getting acquainted with the family — it was time for Willow to get back to La Push.

The family followed her and Edward to the door to say a final goodbye, and just as Edward was helping her put on her coat, Rosalie came out.

Willow looked at her questioningly, as the pretty blonde crossed her arms and seemed to grit her teeth for a second. And then she sighed, before finally speaking.

"I'm sorry for what happened earlier."

Willow only raised a brow. "If Edward's forcing you to apologize, then I won't accept a false apology."

Rosalie's eyes blazed in anger, as she snapped. "He didn't force-" She suddenly stopped as she noticed the smirk Willow was wearing.

"You're annoying, you know that?" She sneered.

"Well, I don't think being nice would've gotten me an apology, now would it?" Willow retorted.

"Well...no-"

"Then I'll take annoying over anything else out of your mouth. It was nice meeting you, Rosalie." She smiled, before waving to the others and walking towards the car.

The last thing she heard before she was out of earshot was Emmett laughing.

"Rose, we know you secretly like her."