XX.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘
༊*·˚☆: *.☽

i. act iii !

— 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 seen the pack act like this with each other before, and from the look on Emily's face — neither did she

Which only meant that this was the first time the pack had ever been at such odds with each other.

"If you had just listened to Sam, instead of trying to lead the pack as if you're alpha, then we could've had her!" Paul glared at Jacob, who only scoffed.

"Oh really? Well, maybe if you hadn't been so caught up in your anger issues, you wouldn't have shoved Embry against a tree and made Quil trip!" He shot back.

When Willow looked over at Embry to see if he was okay, she finally took notice of the way he seemed almost uncomfortable to be sitting. From the looks of it, it would only be worse if he stood, though.

Before she could say anything, though, Paul's angry voice was pulling her attention once more.

"The whole reason we even have to deal with this bitch is because of your little leech-loving girlfriend. Oh, wait! Not your girlfriend, because you're not some pale, shimmering, bloodsucker!"

"Oh, you mean the bloodsucker your imprint is besties with? Get real, Paul! You're a fucking joke!"

"Don't you dare bring Willow into this!" Paul snarled, as his body began to shake in anger.

"Everybody, just calm down." Sam tried to fix the situation — to no avail.

"You wanna go? Then let's go!" Jacob taunted, before rushing outside to phase — Paul quick on his heels.

Sam growled, before turning to look at Jared. "Stay here and watch the girls." And then he was rushing out to — at the most, try and stop the fight, and at the least, supervise it.

Willow took her time looking at the remaining wolves — who steadily tried to avoid making eye contact.

"What the hell happened? And I don't mean with Victoria — I mean why are they acting so hostile with each other?"

"Yeah, for all that Paul and Jake do not get along, they are brothers. They wouldn't just act like this over nothing." Emily agreed with her.

Embry and Quil share a look, but ultimately Jared is the one who spoke up first.

"Maybe you should sit down...it's kind of hard to explain."

— 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐓 the three wolves dumbly, Emily not too far off with her expression.

"So you're telling me...Paul — my Paul, was defending the Cullens?"

"Well...kind of." Jared shrugged before Embry took over for him. "It was kind of like he just wanted to put all the blame on Bella rather than the Cullens, given that she chose to stay and be friendly with the vamps."

"But Paul hates the Cullens," Willow replied.

"I'd argue he hates Bella more, though." Quil piped up, and Embry nodded in agreement.

"Besides, I think Paul hates that they're leeches more than he hates them in general."

Willow blinked. "What does that even mean?"

Jared laughed, "I mean, like — Paul actually kind of likes Emmett, which makes sense because they're both such chaotic idiots from what we've seen in his thoughts on patrols. And I've even caught him slipping up about how he respects the hatred the pretty blonde has for our least favorite human."

"Yeah, whatever happened when you took Paul to go see the Cullens that first time — it must've made a damn good impression." Quil continued.

"But don't tell Paul we told you guys any of this. He'd kill us — brothers or not." Embry finished with a small laugh.

Willow and Emily nodded in agreement, while the former smiled to herself.

She was glad her boyfriend liked her best friend's family — or at least some of them, even if he would never admit it.

It made her fall for him more than she already had.