Chapter 4

We spent the night drinking soda, eating snacks with no nutritional value, and playing party card games. We went from playing Cards against humanity to monopoly and then just video games. I bonded with Robert but Faith seems a bit untrusting of Robert. 

"Anyways, what is it like to be single?" Robert looked at me and asked.

"I don't know, I'm not the single one," I tell him. 

"Oh really? Are you dating a jock or a soccer player or one of the theater kids? Please don't tell me you're dating Jessica. You know she has ass hair right?" He says, jokingly.

"No, I'm dating Ben, you know, the dude you fought today during homeroom." 

"Really? I always knew he had a thing for you, the look in his eyes said it." Robert jokes. "So what made you realize you're so deeply in love with him?" 

"Well he's handsome and nice and-" I go on and on about him from head to toe until a timer goes off. 

"OH SHOOT, THE PIZZA ROLLS!" Faith screams and jumps over the table to go get the pizza rolls. The tray was a mixture of pepperoni, cheese, and OOPS! all meat. Faith got us all plates and brought them to us. 

"So you still dating Cheech?" He looks at Faith and asks.

"Dude I don't even know. I haven't seen him and he won't even pick up the phone. I heard what he did from word of mouth." She says, shifting around in her chair.

"You know if I were you, I'd kick his butt and I'd help you find a cooler dude cause first off, I don't even know why you're dating a dude. I'm pretty sure from what I've heard you like girls and second off, him? He is a southern mullet boy and he has as much personality as wet cardboard."

Soon there is a bunch of knocking at the door, Faith sighs and looks at us. 

"It better be either Ben or girl scouts cause I swear-" She says as she starts to open the door and speaking of the devil, there he is. 

"Hey, I'm so sorry I cheated on you. Please forgive me, I love you. I bought you a hello kitty I saw at Walmart and I found this really cute cookie cake and it's gay!" Andrew says to her. "I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, Esther. Please forgive me." 

"Holy shit that's a big cookie." I hear Faith mumble as she lets him in. I stand up to look at him and I swear I thought he was going to cry at the sight of me. He gives Faith the stupidest-looking hello kitty plush I've ever seen and walks behind her like a lost puppy. 

"I accept your apology, the rule is to see what my friends think about your apology. You know what the spice girls said-" Faith starts before Ben crawled all the way into the house. 

"IF YOU WANNA BE MY LOVER, YOU GOTTA GET WITH MY FRIENDS!" Ben shouts out before hitting the floor. I run to Ben and make sure he's okay. 

"You think I'd miss cryptid night?" he says and gets up. He looks at me and then at Robert. 

"Hey, no fighting. We are here for a fun time. No more fighting." Kaylie says and gets a tighter grip on Robert's hand which she was holding for the past almost few hours. 

"Anyways, I heard what you did and I'm glad you two made your peace cause I would have snapped you in half you dollar store Holly," Ben says. 

"anyways let the council decide your fate." Faith tells Andrew and has him stand in the living room. We all get pizza rolls and make our decision. 

Faith sat on the arm of the couch like a bird while we watched Andrew shake like a leaf. 

"You're on thin fucking ice but we'll let you go on a warning." Kaylie and I tell him. He thanks us and sits down. 

"Am I still a male slut?" He asks.

"Absolutely," Robert says.

"Oh crap, by the way, I brought you this." He gives me $20. by the time we all got comfortable by the end of the night, Kaylie was sitting on Robert's lap, I was cuddled up to Ben on the tartan chair, and Andrew was about passed out on Faith's lap while she was playing Call of Duty. It was the funniest thing I have ever seen cause she was absolutely insulting the shit out of the people and trying not to walk any of us up. 

"Hey watch where you throw shit, you piss tart." I hear her whisper which wakes me up from my half-sleepiness. 

"Sorry Luna, this dude is worse than throwing than I am at driving a car." She whispers. I wish she was kidding but oh boy you should see her drive. I watched her drive a golf cart for work and she swarved and almost hit a parked car.  They say those are easier than driving a car but if that was true, Faith would be as good as driving as someone's grandma with cataracts. 

Faith finished her game and cleaned up after somehow successfully not waking stick boy up. I passed out on ben and Kaylie was over there snoring and all snuggled up. She made sure we were all tucked in and tried to be as quiet as possible which she's good at. She's so good at being quiet that half her family forgot she even exists. 

It was such a good, quiet night and nothing was going to ruin it. It started to storm outside which made it that none of us were going out that night and school got canceled the next day. Faith woke us up and told us to put our cars either in the garage or somewhere cause it was likely to snow and hail. 

We all watched some movies and Ben kissed my forehead before whispering in my ear something. We went to Faith's room where she had set up a blow-up mattress for us. We got undressed and did the sideways tango after making sure none of her squishmallows or her framed photo of FDR and Buddy Holly saw us.  

We of course used protection like good little teens. We lasted a long time and nobody interrupted us. He was like a teddy bear with his big warm belly. He was so warm compared to how cold it was outside. The way he went in and out was like a ship on a stormy sea going back and forth. I lost my v card to the man of my dreams.