out of my league•*

LUCAS

once I got home, I took a shower and then went to my room to relax for a bit.

When I picked up my phone I remembered that I got her number.

I couldn't keep focused during practice because she was so gorgeous.

She may be the most beautiful girl I've ever seen.

I go and find 'Max' in my contacts and text it.

-
MAX

hey, it's lucas!

max: hi! :)

are you free Tuesday night?

max: it depends, why?

let me take you out, do you like rides?

max: wait you wanting my number wasn't a joke?

no, you looked really pretty while skating and trying to do that thing today

max: it's called a triple axel stalker, and I think you mastered it today

ikr, but can I take you out? Seven pm on Tuesday, I'll pick you up.

max: sounds good :)

-

I woke up that morning to my alarm blaring, I was so tired, I stayed up all night texting with Max.

She's so interesting, she's like a movie I could watch for the rest of my life.

She loves adrenaline, the color pink, her best friends Will and El, koalas, horror movies ('A Nightmare On Elm Street' to be exact) and of course figure skating.

But the most interesting thing to me is that she skateboards.

Who knew a girl like Max does that in her free time? I mean, she isn't what you think of when you think of someone skateboarding.

Once I realize how long I've been thinking about the girl I just met yesterday, I notice what I time it is.

I quickly get ready, grab breakfast on the way to eat in the car.

Once I pull up into the school parking lot I see Max getting off the bus.

I jog up to her, talking to her would make my Monday morning better somehow.

"Hey Max!" I say to the ginger, who jumps like I scared her.

"Oh my god, you scared me I couldn't hear you." She sighs as I see her take out an earphone.

"Sorry about that." I chuckle.
"It's fine." She smiles.

"So are we still on for tomorrow night?" I ask her, making eye contact.

"Yeah, of course! Where are we going exactly?" She replied.

"The fair is in town if you want to go to that?" I suggested.