animal•*

LUCAS

After the party, the next two weeks me and Max spent almost every night together.

We went on dates every other night, and we were and are basically obsessed with each other.

I came to watch her practice for 'The Nutcracker' every night and after we would always go somewhere.

The show was coming up in three weeks, on December 19th to be exact.

Tonight, I was one of the only one watching the practice but after this I was taking Max to the Christmas market.

There is a lord of things to do there, you can of course buy things, but there is also sleigh rides, you can make your own hot chocolate, you can your own ornaments and lots of other activities.

I remember her telling me how much she loved it as a kid, but she hasn't gone to it in the past four years because it's an hour away.

I decided to take her tonight because it's Saturday so she doesn't need to be him till late, but I wanted to do something special at the Christmas market.

Max had just finished the scene where she wakes up under the Christmas tree and she was skating over to me since practice was over.

"That was really good! I still don't understand how you do that for two and a half our every night!" I told the ginger, handing her the water bottle from her bag.

"Thanks, I don't understand how and why you watch it every night." She chuckled and came into the area to take off her skates.

"Cause your the star." I responded.

"Sweet. So are we going anywhere tonight?" She asked.

"Well, I was thinking we could go to the Christmas market, it's only seven and it's a hour away there and back. We could be back around eleven or twelve." I suggested to her, i watched her eyes light up and then her smile.

"Yes! How do you know me so well?" She cheered as she got her last skate off.

"Because I listen to what you say." I shrug.
-
We were now in the car listening to 'Dreams' by Fleetwood Mac, to Max's liking.

We've been driving for around 55 minutes, we were almost there.

"I'm so excited!" She squirmed in her seat, I think this is the biggest smile I've ever seen in her face.

"I'm pretty excited too, I've never been." I told her while I was focusing on the road.

"Really? There is so much to do. I was thinking first we could get hot chocolate, and then maybe make ornaments and then go on the sleigh ride?" She said to me.

"Yeah, sure!" I smiled as she was so excited that she looked like she was having a seizure.
-
Once we got there, we B-lined it for the food line.

Tonight was already going really good, we were just standing in the line talking with your hands intertwined.

"What are you getting?" Max asked me.

"I'm thinking normal hot chocolate with a pretzel." I shrugged.

She blew a raspberry and then told me that was boring.

"Well what would make it less boring?" I laughed.

"Well, get whipped cream and sprinkles, and maybe dip your pretzel in chocolate!" She suggested.

"Fine! Only about the hot chocolate though, who puts chocolate on a soft pretzel?" I responded.

"Me." She responded.

"Your actually getting that?" I laughed, amazed by how she could like that.

"I'll get a hot chocolate too." She said as we got to the front of the line.

We ordered, got our food and made our way over to the picnic tables to eat and talk.

I loved talking to Max, her life was so average, but she is such an interesting girl that nothing about it is average anymore.
-
Me and Max were sat in the sleigh, waiting for the driver to start.

We were holding hands but I was nervous, like extremely nervous.

When I asked her out, I seemed so confident.

And now that I want to ask her to be my girlfriend, I feel like I'm out of luck.

"How long is sleigh ride?" I ask the ginger who is taking in the view.

"Around five to ten minutes." She chirped.

Eventually the sleigh did start to go.

We sat there for around three minutes, with her head on my shoulder as we just watched the snow fall.

Eventually I had to 'man up' and ask her the question I had been anticipating ever since I met her.

"Max?" I spoke.

I got a 'mhm?' As a reply, she sounded so peaceful.

"So you know how we hang out like every night, like we are always together?" I started with.

"Of course, I wouldn't change it for the world." She giggled, sitting up properly.

"I really like spending time with you, and I really like you, so I was like wondering.." I said, stopping at the end and giving her a goofy smile to see if she would get the hint.

She rose her eyebrows in response and asked me to continue, I knew she knew exactly what I was asking.

"Like, what about me, you? Together?" I asked.

"Are you asking for me to be your girlfriend?" She laughed.

"Yeah!" I smiled.

And she did too, when I said earlier that the biggest smile I had ever seen on her face was her being excited for the fair, that is no longer true.

Right now is.
-
sorry for the shorter chapter I've been really busy recently I will be for the next 3 weeks but I swear I will try to update as often as I can! I will try to finish this book in the three weeks too so I can start another one for you guys!

anyways, lumax confirmation chapter 🫶
wc 975