Smoke and Mirrors - 2

“I can't believe I did it!” Liam said proud of himself. He was ecstatic. For a good reason. It's his first full moon since he learned he was a werewolf and he hasn't killed anyone yet. “For a minute there, I thought I was gonna tear the three of you apart.”

Stiles nods sarcastically. “Yeah, that would have made for an awkward ride home, so thanks.” 

“You think you can bring the same level of control and strength inside La Iglesia?” Derek asked and in response Liam drew out his claws. We smiled. “All right! We might actually be able to do this.” 

Derek opened the door and stepped out, but then he was pulled by a Berserker and launched at a rock wall. I’m in too much shock to move. “Derek!” Breaden stepped out with her shotgun immediately and started shooting at the monster. 

I quickly regained myself and stepped out despite Stiles warnings. I raise my hand at the creature “VATARA!” The creature was thrown back and lit on fire, but right now that was the least of my concerns. 

I heard the sounds of doors closing as the others got down from the car. Peter's face dropped as Breaden, Mom and I rushed to Derek. His breathing was hard, a collapsed lung at least and a deep gash on his chest. “How bad is it?” Peter and Mom asked cautiously. 

“I'm fine! I'm fine. Just get to Scott.” Derek ordered us. “Just find him. We'll be right behind you. Go.” I shake my head, “No I’m not leaving you!” 

“Go!” Derek ordered. I looked at the others, “I’m not leaving him." Like hell. "Go!” Peter took Malia, Stiles, Liam and my mom with him, reluctantly leaving us to go find Scott in the temple. Of course I want to find Scott, but they can manage without me. 

Derek laughed weakly. “Lydia was right.” 

I shake my head. "Lydia might be right about a lot of things but you are not dying tonight." 

"Not to be optimistic but," Breaden trailed off. The amount of blood that Derek had was concerning. But I know he's going to be okay. Okay he has to be. "What exactly are you going to do?" 

"Give him back some of that alpha spark." I answered as I quickly slipped my jacket off. Bye bye leather. I put the jacket in between Breadens hands and made her apply pressure on Derek's wounds. The whole point of this is for him to be on the verge of death. 

"It's a mortal wound." Derek reminds us. "And right now I'm feeling pretty mortal." I want to snap at him for his humor because this was not the place for it. "Take this." Breaden said as she thrust a gun into my hands. I was about to ask why but then I could hear the heavy footsteps of the Berserkers. And a scent that I’m not particularly fond of. But back to the matter of the gun in my hands. "I don't know how to use this!" I hissed at her. I hate guns! "Just pull the trigger!" Breaden hissed again. 

"You might just want to concentrate on protecting yourself." Derek painfully pointed out. Breaden stalked off, leaving Derek and I to keep cover behind the rocks. I stare at the gun in my hands. Yeah I’m not using this. I looked up when I heard the racking sounds of the Berserkers. Kate walked in front of them. Okay seriously, what the hell is with Argents and their power walks?! I mean are these things choreographed or something?

Breaden shoots at them before one of the creatures grabs her and pushes her against the stone wall. When I see Kate approach her I can't handle the rage inside of me. She's the reason all of this was happening. The reason Derek was dying, another one of my family members. She took Scott and Kira. Kate has gotten away with a lot of things, but she’s not getting away this time. 

“Sanaga,” I whispered, putting my sights on her as I waved my hand in her direction. The spell I aimed at her made a small explosion because Breaden was right next to her and I didn’t want to hurt her. But it was strong enough for Kate and her Berserkers to be knocked to their feet.