CHAPTER 1: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME

Chapter 1

It's 5 in the morning. I'm lying on my bed, eyes on the ceiling above me. I've been up since I woke up from a terrible dream and I can't go back to sleep. I guess it's alright since I have to be ready for school in an hour.

Oh! I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Sam! And today's the day I decided to grace the earth with my awesome presence. Wow! Seventeen man but honestly I don't feel different.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

My eyes darted to my alarm clock on my bedside table. I've had it since I was fifteen. I should really get ready, I don't want to be late. It will be just another reason for my parents to hate me. Don't say I'm being dramatic cause I'm not.

"Momma! Guess what? I got an A on my test today!" That's what my fifteen year old self said as I burst in her office in our house.

"Can't you see I'm on the phone? God! To think that maybe you're old enough to behave for once!" The devil of my mom said.

"But I-" "Get out! I've got loads of work to do!" She cut me off with a glare.

I sighed. I looked at my alarm clock. 6:15. Great now I have to rush so that I won't be late.

***************
I got ready in just 15 minutes. I took my phone off the charger and saw that my brother and my best friend texted me a happy birthday. My outfit of the day just consisted of a cute top, short and my all time favorite white converse. Time for breakfast.

I entered the kitchen sniffing the air. I'm weird I know. Don't judge. "Happy Birthday dear." Nanny Cory greeted me gently. She's our family help. She's been with us even before I was born. She's the one who takes care of me and my brother since my parents are always absent and they love their work like a lot. So basically, she's family.

As soon as she placed a plate of pancakes and strawberries in front of me, I was already gulfing it down. Yum. "Thanks Nan. You're the best!" I said to her with my mouth full of food while giving her a thumbs up. My eyes caught the clock on my phone. 6:55. Oh shit! I'm going to be late. I sprung up from my seat, eyes wide. And took off running to my car while shouting, "Bye Nan, thanks for breakfast!".

Author's note:
If by chance anyone's reading this, thank you so much for giving this book a chance. This is my first time trying to write and I'm very excited. Thank you!

Fan

Vote

Comment

Share