CHAPTER 4: CAM

Chapter 4

If I have to pick a favorite class, it certainly wouldn't be this class I'm now in. Speech Class. It's like your normal English Class but more on improving your skills in speaking in front of the whole class. See why I don't like it? Talking in front of a crowd is not my forte.

From where I am seated, I can see Kara waving to me brightly and turning back her attention to Ms Anabeth who is telling us how to create a speech. Showing us the video, of Steve Job delivering his speech at Stanford Academy. I don't really see the point though, I mean it's not like I'm going to be giving speeches in the future.

"You have to trust in something- your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever.

This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.

My second story is-"

Bang!

Someone came in and banged the door. Now that's just rude. Whoever did that is gonna get an earful from Ms. Anabeth for sure. If there is one thing you shouldn't do in this class, it's never, I mean never interrupt her precious videos. "It ruins the momentum." Her words not mine.

Pausing the video, "Excuse me young man, but do you have an excuse in interrupting my class? I swear kids this days." She reprimanded him.

"I'm in this class. I'm new." A deep voice replied.

"Well next time, knock. Find an empty seat." She replied. Murmuring something about the momentum, playing the video again.

Looking around the room, I realized the only empty seat is next to me, where I put my bag. I groaned taking my bag and putting it under my feet. I don't really like having a seatmate.

The new guy started to walk in my direction. He really looks familiar. I stop staring at him when he looked at my way. Grumbling under his breath, he sat down next to me.

"My second story is about love and loss." Steve Job's voice echoed inside the sound proof room.

Love and loss.

Losing someone you love is the most painful thing. I know that from experience. Eli. How is he doing? Did I do something wrong? Am I not good enough? These are the questions that I always ask myself. You never really know what you have until it's gone.

I miss him.

"Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.

Thank you very much." Job said ending his speech.

I didn't even notice I was dozing off if not for the loud clapping in the video. Thank God that was over now.

"I've decided something for your project-" Ms Anabeth was cut off by the groaning of the class. "Settle down now, I know that will be your reaction so I will make this easier for you. This project will be done in pairs." She continued.

Yes. I hastily looked at Kara and saw her already looking at me. "You and me okay?" I mouthed her. She nodded.

"Your partners will be your seatmate" She added.

Great. I'm stuck with him. I groaned. "At the end of the month, you have to deliver a speech about your partners, okay? We only have 5 minutes left so start getting to know your partners." She ordered.

"Hi!" I said looking at him.

He was faced me slowly. The first thing I noticed was that he smells really good. What? I like guys who smell nice, okay? Sue me. I don't know why I haven't notice that earlier. He smells divine. His light brown hair look really soft, I almost reached out my hand to touch it, maybe I should ask him what shampoo does he use late. For the project of course. My eyes went his. They're a light shade of blue. His eyes remind me of Eli actually. Now I'm talking nonsense.

"Are you checking me out?" he asked amused.

"Course not. As if." I scoffed. Great he has a high ego.

"Whatever" he said standing up, walking to the door. Wow time flies fast. I didn" even hear the bell ring.

"Where are you going? I still don't know your name!" I asked him hurriedly

He stopped walking for a second and face me, "Cam". He uttered then left without a goodbye.

A/N: Chapter 4 guys:) Don't forget to Comment, Vote, and Fan:)