CHAPTER 2: THE BEST FRIEND

Chapter 2

I've never driven so fast in my life. 10 more minutes and I would have receive a tardy on my birthday. Not cool. Sonny With a Chance's So Random Sicky Vicky sketch popping in my mind. I love that show. Making a mental note to watch Sonny With a Chance again when I get home.

Making my way through the crowd of high school students, I passed through the nerds or the brainiacs as I call them hastily scanning their notes and books as if their lives depend on it. I'm not a nerd though I have good grades, I guess I'm in the middle of the hierarchy of this school, as cliche as it may sounds. Not on the top nor the lowest, I'm in the middle or as what I like to call it the normal ones in this school.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY MOST BEAUTIFUL AND AWESOME BESTEST FRIEND!" My best friend Kara practically screamed and shocked the living hell out of me, and then she proceeded to squeezing me.

I tried to inhale huge mouthful of air, "I c-can't b-bre-athe!" I gasp.

"Oops, sorry" she said sheepishly. After I regain my capability to breathe properly, she hugged me again but making sure to not kill me this time.

"Happy Birthday again! My most beautiful-" I cut her off with a pointed look.

"I'm your only friend." I said reminding her of our small group of friends which consisted of me and well her. "But thank you, it means a lot." I said to her.

Kara and I have been best friends since we were in kindergarten. She was this awkward new girl in town and a lot of kids were making fun of her. One day, I saw her crying in the park because some kids decided mud would look good on her. I was quite brave back then and then threw stones at her bullies to make them stop, and luckily they were big babies and ran off crying too.

"Are you okay? I'm Sam! I'm your friend now! Don't worry about them, I'll protect you. Do you want some candies?" I smiled at her, my teeth with gaps showing.

"Guess what I heard from the cheerleaders" Kara said to me playfully, snapping me out of my precious moment of reminiscing. Ah those were the good days.

I pretended to think about it, rubbing my finger on my chin. "Hmm. Let me guess, gossip?" Bumping my shoulder to hers.

"No, guess again." Said Kara.

" More gossip?" I guessed half-heartedly.

Everyone knew in this school not to listen to the gossips the cheerleaders say, looking at my best friend. Well, I guess not everybody.

"No, I heard there are two new students coming in today, a guy and a girl. I bet the guy's hot." She said excitedly.

"In the middle of the school year?" I asked her. It's not everyday that we get newcomers here at Paxton High especially in the middle of the year.

"I know right? But who cares. I have a feeling a lot's going to change." I just shrugged her off. Not knowing how true her words were.

Author's note:

It feels weird to type down author. Hahaha. I used to just sit around and sit reading. But now I'm trying to write. Anywho, chapter 2. Thank you!

Fan

Vote

Comment

Share

Don't be shy