After the fall

Manga Ch. 202-204 spoilers
TW: Suicide

An angst chapter

3rd POV:

Takemichi got shot 3 times. Mikey tried to commit suicide, but Takemichi caught him as he was falling. All Mikey wanted Takemichi to do was let go of him and end it with both of their lives taken away from this world. Mikey then cried upon hearing takemichi's words of support. "Please help me... Takemichy." Mikey cried for the first time in forever. Takemichi suddenly felt a buzz coursing through his veins. He had time traveled back by 10 years.

Meanwhile, Takemichi's present body was unconscious. Mikey held tightly onto Takemichi's hand knowing that he just passed out. It didn't take long for Mikey to realize that Takemichi time traveled from the sudden unconsciousness after his words. Mikey attempted to pull himself back inside the building but failed. He lost the strength to pull himself up and then purposely pulled both him and Takemichi out of the building window. Both start to fall down towards the ground. Mikey holds Takemichi tightly, wanting to protect his body even though the gunshot wounds might've killed him already. (A/N: Im not really a mitake shipper. I just found this heartbreaking to add in cause both of them have a good friendship.)

Mikey regrets what he has done. He regrets trying to kill Takemichi, and to take his own life. In their last moments, he goes over all his memories with Toman. Founding the gang, getting more members, quickly rising to the top, winning against many other gangs, having their first loss at a gang fight, Baji's death, Takemichi's powerful words, Emma's death, Izana's death, Toman's disbanding. All those memories he cried tears of sadness and happiness.

Did they die? No, they didn't. Sanzu ran into the front of the crowd wearing a fedora, long coat, and glasses holding a big mattress below Mikey and Takemichi. They both fell on it. Mikey passed out. "What the fuck were you thinking Mikey..." Sanzu lightly mouthed with his back facing the people. He split both Mikey and Takemichi apart from each other and bridal carried Mikey away while carefully covering Mikey's nape. Showing the Bonten tattoo for even a second would risk in an arrest. "Someone call an ambulance for the other guy! I'll take this one in my arms to the hospital first!" Sanzu shouted. He knew that someone with a brain would think of his actions as a bit suspicious according to his outfit. Guess all the people in the crowd are dumb cause they stood there recording instead of stopping to help.

Sanzu drove Mikey to a small hospital, where it is a little bit farther from the city and secluded. It's sketchy but Bonten has business with them. They put trust in the hospital for treating their members.

"Breaking News: Suspected murder-suicide between two men. A short white-haired man was suspected to have shot a black-haired man 3 times in the chest then tried to commit suicide off the abandoned bowling ally building at _____. The victim attempted to save the assailant but soon passes out and lets him go. A mysterious man swooped in and saved both men with a mattress then took the white-haired man away to a hospital. The other man was left waiting for an ambulance on the other hand. He is currently in a coma. Doctors are unsure how long the coma will be. Police are trying to track the other man and the anonymous hero. Their location is currently unknown despite many witnesses seeing the direction they have headed in."

Chifuyu and Kazutora were at their pet shop doing their shifts as they heard the TV speak of the breaking news. It didn't catch their attention, until...

"Here is a one minute recording of the two men's interactions as the assailant is dangling off the building window edge."

Kazutora took a glance at the TV, watching the recording the entire way through.

*Recording of Takemichi mouthing some words at Mikey before passing out and both of them falling down to the mattress Sanzu placed. The recording zooms into both of them falling*

He stares at the TV before tapping Chifuyu's right shoulder without breaking the eye contact with the TV. Chifuyu was busy with a customer, so he paid no mind to Kazutora's touch. Kazutora tapped his shoulder again, several times. The customer eventually left.

"Hey.. Chifuyu...Chifuyu..." Kazutora repeated quietly until Chifuyu turned to him. "What? You disrupted me while I was talking with a customer." Kazutora didn't respond and he pointed to the TV, which replayed the recording again. Chifuyu was puzzled at first until it zoomed in. "I believe that's Takemichi." said Kazutora. "What..? WHY IS TAKEMICHI THERE!?" Chifuyu shouted, luckily there were no customers in the shop. Hina came out of the storage room running. "WHAT'S WRONG?" Hina was in a panic. Both males pointed at the TV. Hina gasped and burst into tears. "We're going to the hospital. Oh my gosh... no... not before our wedding... why do you always get yourself into trouble Takemichi?"

They told another worker to keep an eye on the pets and the products until all 3 of them came back. Hina, Kazutora, and Chifuyu drove to the hospital. Kazutora and Hina called Draken, Mitsuya, Pah-chin, peyan, Smiley, and Angry about the situation. Inui and Hakkai overheard the phone calls. Some of the ex-Toman members have already seen the situation on TV but didn't suspect it to be Takemichi until closer inspection. All of the members drove and ran to the hospital.

"TAKEMICHY! Which room is he in? Please tell us..." Draken pleaded. "Sorry sir, but he is currently in the operation room. He is undergoing surgery in an attempt to save him and his vital organs. He might be placed in room 105 which is at the hallway to your left, then a right." Everyone was in a panic. All of them walked to the operation room's lobby and waited anxiously.

10, 20, 30, 40, 50 mins. Then 1 hour, then 2. They were stressed. It was filled with silence with the occasional "How is everyone doing?" with an "Doing okay" or silent treatment. Until finally, Kazutora spoke up. No one noticed his extreme uneasiness and rocking back and forth. "It's mik- my fault that he is in the hospital." Everyone stares at him. "What do you mean Kazutora? You were with me and Hina the whole time!" said Chifuyu. Kazutora starred at Chifuyu then faced the floor and closed his eyes before speaking, "We found Mikey. Over the past few weeks, me and Takemichi suspected that Mikey was part of Bonten. I gave him all possible Bonten locations. Up until now we didn't know which one Mikey could be at. Guess this abandoned bowling alley building was the correct one."

Everyone had their eyes on Kazutora. Some had jaws dropped. Others were starring in shock. Chifuyu spoke up, "Kazutora....why didn't you go with him? If I'm not wrong Mikey shot him then tried to commit suicide!" Chifuyu grabbed Kazutora's shoulders and shook him violently. Kazutora didn't react at all. The others just kept staring, wanting more answers but couldn't spill the questions out of their mouths. "Why didn't you follow after them!? Why did you send him to a hideout of Tokyo's most dangerous criminal organization!?" Chifuyu was in tears and panic. Kazutora refused to say anything else until Draken asked him, "Where is Mikey?"

"I don't know. How do I know? Only Takemichi or whoever that mysterious man might know. Maybe that's Sanzu. His hair was pink in the recording. His scars on his mouth are slightly visible. I sent Takemichi because Mikey will listen to Takemichi more instead of me. I know Mikey hasn't changed..."

His voice got more hoarse. Chifuyu let go of Kazutora and started sobbing. "Sorry, I need a moment. I'm going to the restroom." He ran out of the lobby and into another hallway. Draken put his hand on Kazutora's back. "We'll talk more later, please tell us everything you both know about Bonten and Mikey."

The lobby was once again in silence. With the new information that Mikey is alive but not well makes everyone hopeful yet concerned for why he had to shoot Takemichi. Hina thought about why Takemichi chose Mikey over their wedding. She just couldn't comprehend the reasoning behind now than later in this case.

Word count: 1413