Little Earthquakes (Skeppy & a6d Ver.)

For those who don't know or follow me on other social media, I previously made a version of this render featuring Bad and Skeppy based on their strained bond in the Egglore (fiction)

For those who don't know or follow me on other social media, I previously made a version of this render featuring Bad and Skeppy based on their strained bond in the Egglore (fiction). However, in terms of relationships outside the screen, I thought the song also fit well for the recently reconnected friendship of Skeppy and a6d. For the record, in case it wasn't obvious, this is not shipping art. I really didn't think I'd be making another version with the inspiration of Little Earthquakes, but here it is. 

This may be away from the point, but here is how I gained my inspiration for this particular piece and why I chose those seen here to be featured. I just attended a concert on June 12th and saw my all-time favorite artist, Tori Amos, for the first time in my life. Of course, it was not unlikely that I'd start binge listening to her music, which I did beforehand. At some point, I listened to her song "Little Earthquakes" again and it somehow got me thinking of the topic of Skeppy and a6d's recent reconciliation. In a response video, Skeppy briefly, but thoroughly explained issues of the two's troubled and rocky friendship. Yet despite all that occurred, they have been able to talk a lot more lately as far as I am understanding. 

The song "Little Earthquakes," written by Tori Amos, was born out of frictions she experienced between friends and family. The lyrics referring to Christmas parties, this is an example of a source of tension, where people may be uncomforted by one another's presence, so they have to pretend to enjoy themselves, despite not wanting to mingle or converse. The parallel of elevator music and safe conversations at this party are both noises that serve to fill what would otherwise be the silence. However, small talk does not resolve the tension and is only a momentary distraction. In the end, the problems remain and the narrator of the song is "left here silent," feeling as though their true voice and feelings will not be heard. "Little earthquakes" are as the narrator describes as what rocks the relationship between them and another, and when these are failed to be addressed or occur enough it has the power strong enough "to rip us into pieces." Though I did not place the lyrics here, the bridge, "I can't reach you, can't reach you, give me life, give me pain, give me myself again," overall means that Amos had to step back from her close relationships because she could not give those in question what they needed. The distancing, of course, is never an easy process, and it can be quite painful, but sometimes it is necessary for an individual to reassess themselves and be able to form more meaningful connections. The artist wanted to reclaim her sense of self and her independence, even if that mean or required in return the pain that came with distancing herself.