1

Megan's pov:

"Come on, Dua! You're always hanging out with Ryan" I said before Dua cut me off.

"Because he's my boyfriend!"

"And I'm your best friend. I ask you to do something with me like once a month and the only time I do, you cancel the day of. You're always with Ryan and you never hang out with me anymore!" I argued.

"Megan I fucking live with you! I see you everyday! Ryan on the other hand," Dua said before I cut her off.

"You see him everyday. Every single day. You're never home, you're always at your stupid boyfriend's house and you don't even fucking acknowledge me anymore!"

"Maybe I shouldn't!" Dua yelled.

"Don't, bitch." I said as I walked out the door.

So Ryan. He's such an asshole towards Dua. I don't know how she doesn't notice it. They only use each other for sex, which is so obvious. He treats her like shit and she's fine with it because he's hot. He's not even that hot.

And Dua. Dua is my best friend. I love her, I've been friends with her since 6th grade and now we're roommates. We both got into UC Davis and we live together. A few months ago, before she starting dating Ryan, she was such a sweetheart. She used to hug me, comfort me, she even used to tell me daily that she loves me. Sometimes she's still like that, but it's very rare.

Anyways, if she's wants to be a hoe, I'll let her. She'll realize how crazy she is any day now. She'll realize that she is losing her best friend.

I got my keys and left the house to go to the hat. It was getting late and I guess I just needed a drink. I also had absolutely nothing to do, so I went for a drink, alone.

———

"I'll have a vodka martini" I told the bartender.

"Anything for you, hottie." He smirked, which made me uncomfortable.

I waited there, just scrolling on my phone until the bartender came back with my drink.

"Here baby, it'll be on the house since you got such nice... stuff" He said after looking me up and down.

It made me shiver.

"So you wanna come back home with me tonight?" He asked me.

I was shocked. "Umm... I-"

"She has a girlfriend" I heard a voice from behind me say.

I turned around and saw that it was Dua.

"Yup, this is my girlfriend." I smiled.

"Oh hell no" He said.

"What, you don't believe us or something?" Dua asked.

"There is no way in hell that you, you sexy women, are lesbians." He laughed.

I didn't know what to do. I felt a hand on my neck and closed my eyes before I felt Dua's lips on mine.

"How about now?" Dua asked.

———

"Dua, I'm so confused" I said after getting into the car.

"Okay, I dumped Ryan. He was just too clingy and I just got sick of him. Plus I only really liked him because of what he does in bed." She smirked.

"Is that true?"

"Kind of. But that's besides the point. Aren't you glad I literally saved you from that weird man?" Dua laughed.

"Of course. I'm surprised you'd do that for me." I said.

"Megan, of course I would. You're my best friend." She said before hugging me.

"Dua..." I sighed.

"I'm sorry for being such a shitty friend. I truly am." Dua smiled.

"You're fine. Are you back to the old Dua now?"

"Yes, of course. I love you, okay?" She asked.

"I love you" I said back.