2

Megan's pov

I stare at Dua while she drives us through the suburbs of California. It was dark and rainy which made it such a mood.

"Megan" Dua said.

"Yeah sweetie" I said.

"I'm getting tired and I don't think I can keep my eyes open that much longer" She said softly.

"You want me to drive?" I asked even though I am total shit at driving.

"Only if you want to" She smiled.

"I'm a shit driver but you're gonna fall asleep so pull over and we can switch" I said.

She parked in an empty parking lot next to Walmart. I got out and she got in to my seat and automatically put the seat down so she can sleep.

"It's slippery, be careful" Dua said before resting her head.

"I will my love" I laughed.

She's so adorable, especially when she's tired or sick. The roads were pretty slippery and usually Dua drives us everywhere so I'm not used to this.

"Oh fuck" I said as I felt the car slip.

"Meg, we can switch back if you think it's not safe" Dua said.

"Ummm... It's fine"

I just kept driving while the rain got harder and harder.

"Did you see that video I sent you of us at the Met last year?" Dua laughed.

"Yeah haha it was so cu-"

———

"Two females, both aged 26, car crash on the highway" the emergency nurses said as they rolled us on stretchers into a hospital.

"What's your name? Can you remember it? Can you talk?" The nurse asked me.

"My name is Megan, Megan Pete. I'm fine my neck just really hurts." I told her.

"That's good news. It could've been way worse. I'm sorry to tell you but your friend is unconscious." The nurse explained.

"What?! Is she gonna wake up?!" I panicked.

"We think so... what's her name?"

"You think so! She needs to wake up!" I cried.

"We're very sorry, she doesn't have that many injuries and her head remains untouched. She'll most likely wake up in a few hours. What's her name?" The nurse asked.

"Her name is Dua Lipa" I said holding in my tears.

"Thanks. We're gonna get you a CT scan and then an x-ray and you'll be fine in less than an hour. We don't really have an estimate on Dua but you should probably stay here with her."

"I will." My voice cracked.

———

"And you're fine! Do you wanna go visit your friend now?" The nurse asked me.

"Yes please"

She guided me to a seperate room, the one that Dua was staying in. She opened the door for me and I saw Dua sleeping.

"Oh, Dua." I sighed.

"I'll give you some alone time with her." The nurse said.

I nodded and I walked over to the bed and sat next to her. I rubbed her head and talked to her even though I knew she couldn't hear me.

"Dua... this is all my fault. I'm so sorry. I know you can't hear me or understand me right now but I love you so much, okay? Please wake up. I need you."

I stayed in the room for a couple more hours. It got really late so I decided just to sleep in there. The nurse walked in.

"Megan, are you gonna stay here over night with Dua?" She asked me.

"Yeah, do I sleep on the chair or can I sleep on the bed with her?" I asked.

"Well she's not connected to anything but make sure you don't injure her." the nurse explained.

Shortly after, she left the room. I looked at Dua and saw all the scars from the accident. Some on her face, tons on her arms, a few on her chest, it made me just burst into tears.

"Dua" I cried.

She stayed still. I lied down next to her and then wrapped my arms around her.

"I love you" I said before resting my head on her shoulder.

I fell asleep and then woke up a few hours later. I checked the time on my phone and it was 4:47 am.

"Dua, you're still unconscious, huh?" I whispered.

No reply.

"I love you" I said before kissing her forehead.

I heard her breath in very heavily!!

"Dua?!" I asked.

"Mhmm.." She said.

"Dua!"

"What? Where... where am I?" She asked.

"Dua, you're awake!" A tear rolled down my cheek.

"Megan, what the fuck happened to me? Why am I in a hospital?" She asked me.

"We got in a car crash. You were too tired to drive so I took over and"

"And the roads were slippery. I remember now." She cut me off.

"I'm so sorry, Dua. I can't believe you're awake. I love you so much." I said before hugging her.

"I love you. Can we call a nurse? I want to leave this place." Dua sighed.

"Are you even okay? You have a lot of cuts." I said.

"I feel totally fine."

I didn't know what to do so I left the room and found the nurse.

"Dua woke up!" I told her.

"She did? Oh thank god!" The nurse said.

———

The next day

"You're ready to leave!" the nurse said.

"Oh finally. Thank you" Dua smiled.

"Thank you so much for all your help!" I told the nurse.