Chapter 1

The sound of cicadas rang through out a small park located in a large neighbourhood, with a small girl with purple silver hair standing inside. "So, when we grown up and I become a hero..." A small boy by was standing in front of her. His face was red as he was speaking to a girl standing in front of him. However, the face belonging to the boy blurred out. "...!" The rest of what the boy was saying had been taken by the wind that also caused the girl to block it with her arms and closed eyes...

My eyes shot open once again, however, when they did I found myself looking up at a ceiling. With that I realised I must have been dreaming, turned towards the small dressing table on the left side of my bed, and reached over to grab ahold of my phone, which was on charge. The time read 7:45am and I looked at it until the five turned to six before it sunk in.
"Kyaa! I'm going to be late!" I come to realised that it was only an hour before school start. This caused me to scream before jumping out of bed, dashing for one of the three doors, that lead to the bathroom.

It was quite lucky that school was a 10 minute walk from my house and by the time I reached school, a Private Middle School, it 8:30am. Walking through the gates, completely changed

 Walking through the gates, completely changed

into the uniform belonging to the school. While walking through the yard I was able to see many students entering the ground, much like myself. "Good morning, Hiraoka-senpai!" Some girls, wearing green ribbons which were for freshman, had come to greet me as I walked through the gates of the school.
"Good morning." I greeted them back with a smile and it caused the girls to scream loudly in excitement before running off happily.
"Morning, Hiraoka-senpai." This time a group of guys bowed to me all red in the face.
"Morning." And I returned their greeting smiling. I'm not exactly bragging, but apparently I am quite popular for some reason and this continued until I entered my classroom that had many students already inside.
"You are later then normal." Someone spoken as I was walking pass, I turned to look at a well-built young man, who was my age. He was quite handsome, even when his long hair that didn't pass his neck as the length was mostly the bangs, that were parted twice as to not obscure his vision. His hair was split evenly split between two separate colours: white on his right side and crimson red on his left. His eyes thin and reserved also heterochromia iridium, meaning both of them were different eyes, left was turquoise as his right was brownish dark gray.
However, the most noticeable thing about him was the large burn scar on the left side of his face, which reached from his hairline to halfway down his cheek. Though beyond that he was still quite handsome.
"Oh, Shochan." This young man was Shoto Todoroki, my childhood friend. His father was the No. 2 hero, the Flame Hero: Endeavor, while my guardian was No. 5, the Time Hero: Watchman. However, the thing was that Shochan hated his father a lot, so one must never bring him up in conversation. Though, if it wasn't for that then the two of us wouldn't have meet.
"Kyaa! It's Todoroki-senpai and Hiraoka-senpai! They look so good together!" A group of girls in our class were talking among themselves with excitement as they were looking at us. Just so we are clear, Shochan is just my friend, we have no romantic feelings for one another. In fact, the two of use bathed together until we entered are last year of elementary school.
"Why were you late?" I turned back to him as this was asked to me. I mean it made sense since I was alway arriving around 8:00am.
"Nothing, I just had a strange dream and woke up late." Which was the truth
"What about?" He then asked her.
"About... hmm... I don't remember." However, after a second I realised that I didn't remember any of it.
"Then it mustn't have been important." It wasn't surprising that he would say that, however...
"I don't know, I feel like it was." I felt that way and it couldn't be changed for some reason. "By the way, have you decided about high school?" I then asked Shochan as we were in out last year of middle school and the entrance exams for high schools were just around the corner.
"U.A. Hero Department." The was the answer he gave and I wasn't surprised given our family.

Heroes started appearing when the Quirk phenomenon occurred and the general populace acquired superpowers. The dawn of this extraordinary era was plagued by a breakdown of society caused by the sudden onslaught of criminals empowered by their newfound abilities and ordinary people being prejudiced against the Quirk users. As society adapted to the new status quo, the police force moved to prioritize leadership and to maintain the status quo, and as such, decided not to use Quirks as weapons. As chaos and unrest ensued due to the outbreak of Quirks, ordinary civilians with their own Quirks decided to take matters into their own hands to bring order to society, and thus the first "Heroes" appeared. These original Heroes to appear during this time of chaos were Vigilantes, as the Pro Hero system had not yet been implemented, beginning the time period known as the Vigilantly era. Later on, the profession of crime-fighting Quirk users separate from the police and military, Pro Heroes, began to exist. The Pro Hero System was first put into place in Rhode Island in America under the 'Rhode Island New State Statute'. 189 Vigilantes were affected by this statute, with only seven being accepted as official Heroes. Now with the opportunity to become licensed Heroes and use their Quirks to fight crime legally, the number of unlicensed Vigilantes slowly began to decrease, with almost none left today. The authorization of the use of powers that could so easily kill was greatly criticized at first. But over time, it came to garner public support due to the fact that the first people to work professionally as heroes acted morally and upheld the law.

U.A is one of the top school in the county with the best Hero course and many of the had taken the seats in the top 10.
"I guess I shouldn't have asked." I ended up saying looking at the boy smiling.
"What about you?"
"Hmm... probably the same." If one is being honest, I don't exactly know what i want to do. However, being a hero seemed natural to me.
"I though Akitoki-san was against it." Akitoki was the real name of my guardian, but I call him Akichan.
"He is, that's why he refuses me to go through the recommendation. He told me that if I want to enter U.A I have to go through the entrance exam."
"That doesn't sound hard."
"Yeah, I won't have a problem with the interview or practical side of things, it's just..." there was a single problem about the entrance exam for me
"You were never good when it come to tests." Which Shochan know.
"I know!" I slammed my head down on the desk, admitting my shame. He was right though, I barely pass the midterms and finals every year. Then again, the passing score was 60%. The only reason I was able to pass them was thanks to Akichan and Shochan helping me. "The written exam is going to be hard as, isn't it?" I felt like hitting my head with the desk again. "So, please help me study!" But I grabbed ahold of Shochan's shelve with tears in my eyes.
"Fine." He sighed before saying that and soon the bell for classes had rang.