Chapter Six: Training & Meeting

Aizawa's Pov:

Right after Hirasenshi was laid back down on the bed, Nezu told everyone to meet in his office in ten minutes.
When I got there, everyone was already sitting in silence. I have a theory of what we're talking about, but I still hope it's not real.
"I believe we're here to speak about Hirasenshi," I started off.
"Correct, Aizawa. From what I can gather about him, Hira suffers from PTSD. From what, I can confirm two past instances where he was severely abused, but I don't know the specifics because I don't know who he is," Nezu concluded.
"What are these instances Nezu?" All Might asks.
Nezu sighs before answering, "it's definite that he was tortured by the league of villain."
A look of horror crosses over everyone's faces. That would explain his drive to completely and utterly destroy AFO and his league: they tortured the kid.
I paused for a moment before asking, "how do you know he was tortured by the league of villains?"
"Have you noticed that every time he leaves on patrol, his whole demeanor changes: he becomes extremely determined. You can see it in his eyes if you look close enough, his unyielding hatred and desire for revenge.
Count that in with the different amount of scars he has," Nezu finished.
I let that soak in. Hira, a fifteen year old boy, one who has been on his own for God knows how long, was once tortured by the symbol of evil, all for one.
But Nezu continued, "I also suspect he was abused even before he was tortured. He doesn't trust adults, any adults, including us. He never lets his guard down when any of the teachers walk into the same room as him."
"Yeah, but isn't that just from what happened with the league?" All Might asks.
Before Nezu can explain, I step in, "no, in this day in age, every child is taught that heroes save people. But he sees them, us, as potential enemies. Sometimes it's as if he's expecting one of us to hit him the second we walk in the room."
Everyone's silent again.
"Well, back to the main issue, we have to help him. And the best way to do that, is to give him space and let him warm up to us," and with that, Nezu concludes the meeting.

Izuku's Pov:

Though my body was asleep, my mind was awake. I thought about the past, the present, and the future. Though I've raided many of AFO's bases, this was the first instance I've come across Shigaraki, the disciple of AFO.
He shocked my system in good and bad ways. The trauma I've hidden and pushed down had resurfaced while this only reinforces my determination to see AFO in the ground.
That's another thing, because AFO and the League are so dangerous, I can't let there be any possibility of them escaping from jail after they are captured. The second I get the chance to, I'm going to put them all in the ground. I don't want anyone else to die, anyone else to suffer, and anyone else to break.
Slowly, I open my eyes and see the recognizable white ceiling of Recovery Girl's office.
Slowly, as to not aggravate my sore muscles, I sit up and touch my mask.
Ever since coming here, I've debated revealing my identity to everyone. I've realized that my thought process of AFO attacking the heroes to come after me was a foolish notion. AFO will attack the heroes regardless of if I'm there or not.
I sit there, debating whether it's a good idea. Eventually, I've made my decision. I won't reveal my identity unless absolutely necessary.
Mr. Aizawa and All Might, if I revealed my identity, wouldn't let me out of their sight and I wouldn't be able to continue raiding AFO'S bases. The only reason they've let me continue even though I'm a fifteen year old kid is because I've proven my ability to not be considered as such. If they realized I was Izuku Midoria, I'm not even sure what their reaction will be.
Will they be surprised?
Mad?
Angered?
Disappointed?
Or will they be happy?
Will they tell me I've done enough now and that I can rest?
Regardless of their reaction, I know I can't rest. Because as long as AFO still lives, as long as the League lives, I will never stop hunting, I will never stop searching. If I don't do this, then how can I ever hope to protect the people, my friends, and my family?
My fingers linger on the symbol etched into the forehead of the mask.
It's the symbol AFO carved into my back the first day I woke up chained to that wall. He told me it was the symbol of his family crest when quirks first started to appear. He told me it meant I was his property and that he could do whatever he wanted to me.
He said he could whip me, starve me, beat me, burn me, and break me all at his own discretion.
He said it was his own symbol of absolute power. I thought it would be poetic to wear the symbol he so carefully carved into me on my vigilante outfit. It was a sort of warning to AFO. A promise that I would always be there to stop him, to oppose him, and to haunt him.
I brought my fingers down from my mask just as Mr. Aizawa walked in.