Forty Three

"Princess?" My dad said as I stood at the door to my drivers room all teary eyed. Smiling and walking over to them both, I was wrapped up in both of their arms. I shut my eyes, taking a few deep breaths in before having to explain why I basically cried in front of them for the first time in years.

"Sweetheart? What's wrong?" My mum asked in her soft voice as the pair of them let go of me "Mason and I had a fight this morning, and I am stressed" I wiped away the tears before they even had a chance to fall "Oh Lia, it's ok sweetheart, we've got you" I was re-wrapped in my parents arms "Just focus on your racing ok? Mason probably just woke up on the wrong side of the bed" My mum reassured me and I nodded.

===

Walking down into the garage, in my racing suit. Feeling a lot better as I had just spent the last 45 minutes with my mum and dad. "Morning Ezra!" Christian smiled "Morning" I gave him a tight lipped smile and his brows instantly pinched together "You ok?" He pulled me over to the side so the conversation was more private "Just a stressful morning" I looked up, blinking the tears away that were threatening to make her another unwanted appearance "What can I do?" He looked at he like I had grown another head "Just keep people away from me today, at least all the people that I don't need to talk to. Please" I look at him and my voice was barely audible by the end of the sentence "Of course, I'll let Wren and Jake know to keep people away" Christian replied "And Mason, the only people I want to talk to today are Wren, Jake and my mum and dad" I said "You got it" He winked, thankfully not questioning why I requested to keep my own boyfriend away.

===

"Radio check Ezralia" Jake said as I was sat in the garage, ready to go out for Q3 "Loud and clear" I replied "Perfect, you got this. Let's have a good quali" Jake turned round on the pit wall and gave me a thumbs up "You got it" I replied and then got the all clear to leave the garage for a safe release.

"Ezralia you currently have 5 minutes left and you are P3, so one lap for re-charge and then one fast lap" Jake said "Ok understood, and I crossed the line to start my warm up lap.

Crossing the line like a bullet, I anxiously waited for Jake to radio me and tell my where I ended up. "Ezralia you are P2, well done" Jake said "Fuck sake" I hit the side of my steering wheel "It's ok, you have 58 laps tomorrow to make yourself P1" Jake tried to calm me down "Yeah, whatever" I huffed "Just put on a smile when you get out the car, Hamilton is P1 and Max is P3" Jake replied "Ok, understood, thank you Jake" I pulled into Parc Fermé.

Getting out the car, I instantly went over to get a drink and take my helmet off. Walking over to my mechanics they pulled me in for a hug and patted my helmet.

I turned round and saw Mason standing to the side with my mum and dad and his mum and dad, not wanting to be rude, I walked over and my mum and dad pulled me in for a tight hug before letting me go and gave Mason a brief hug "Well done lovebug" He whispered "Thank you Macey" I smiled as I pulled away and went over for my interview.

Thankfully the interviewer was Jenson Button, "Ah Ezralia! Just the girl I wanted to see" Jenson spoke into the microphone as I walked over and a smile appeared on my face "Thank you" I laughed and gave him a quick hug "Anyway, good qualifying! Excited for tomorrow?" He began the interview "Uhm, yeah. I'm ready for tomorrow. Although I would have liked to be P1, I have 58 laps tomorrow to see what I can do" I replied and then Lewis walked over and hugged me as he walked past.

👤 ezraliajulesking
📍Yas Marina Circuit

👤 ezraliajulesking 📍Yas Marina Circuit

•.

.•

Liked by lewishamilton, f1 and 7,639,138 others
ezraliajulesking P2 in quali🤟🏼 Full focus on tomorrow!

View all 39,871 comments

shilohwentworth LET'S GOOOO!

redbullracing 🫶🏼

ezraliaking7 Future Champion!

_

👤 kymillman

Liked by user283, ezraliaking7 and 12,883 others kymillman Ezralia King leaving the track tonight! When the Red Bull driver was leaving she was asked what she was going to do when she got back to the hotel, whether she was going to do something to...

kymillman Ezralia King leaving the track tonight! When the Red Bull driver was leaving she was asked what she was going to do when she got back to the hotel, whether she was going to do something to prepare for tomorrow. However she replied 'I am going straight to bed!'.

View all 299 comments

_