An Early Bird Realizes A Love Too Late

Inspired by tiktok prompts.

"I love you, Doc."

I heard my patient, Luna a 26 year old woman.

What she said took me by surprise.

I'm 10 years older, I know better. Maybe she's just feeling attached to me because she's been seeing me around her for months now, and I've been taking care of her too.

I smiled at her and said "yeah? So get better and don't make me lose you."

That being said I left her room.

"Expired na si Benj, yung may Congestive heart failure sa room number **" balita sa kanya ng kaibigang si Noah.

I could only sigh, one of the most painful part of working in the hospital is loosing our patients.

It's hard to see them go but atleast they can rest, right?

"Doc here is the results sa tests na kinuha natin kay Luna to observe if there are any improvements o ano." Emma said and passed to him the said results.

They looked at each other sadly. Luna is a SCLC patient and in her case it was no longer curable.

Time flew by quickly, it's minutes before 6 the time to visit Luna.

"Wow ang aga mo at ang pogi mo naman doc! Hehe" Luna said making me smile.

"Sus, ikaw Luna ah." I said.

"How are you feeling right now?" I asked her hopeful of a positive feedback.

"The same thing, the same pain po." She smiled to me, I feel so sorry of her.

"We're giving you new treatments right now and hopefully it will help lessen the pain." I said.

"Thank you doc, kaya crush kita eh." She said and winked at me.

I gave a small laugh and said my goodbyes to leave the room.

"Uuwi ka na ba doc?" Noah asked him.

"Oo eh, sasabay ka ba?" He offered since hindi naman kalayuan mga apartment nila sa isa't isa.

"Sige, may sasabihin din ako sayo eh." He said and winked at me.

What's with people winking at me today 😧.

"Naalala mo ba si Kylie yung ex mo dati na nag Accountancy." Tanong saakin ni Noah habang naglalakad kami.

"Oo, ano naman meron don?" I asked, hindi naman sa wala na akong pake sa buhay ni Kylie, it's just that yung samin it's long gone, matagal na kaming tapos, ako ang tumapos. Hindi lang talaga nag match ang plans namin sa buhay. I was busy reaching my dreams and I did not want to waste any of my time even a second, while she was always the kind to explore, masyadong busy maghanap ng thrill sa buhay. Gladly, we ended in good terms.

What happened for Noah to bring her up so suddenly?

"She's pregnant, nakita ko sa Maternity Ward kanina." He said and stopped walking as if he's anticipating my reaction, but I kept walking.

"Oh, congrats to her then. Was it a girl or a boy?" I asked and kept walking leaving Noah.

"Boy pero teka lang yan na ba yon?! Hindi ka ba man lang magugulat o ano?" He asked disappointed.

"Ano ba ineexpect mo mag tatalon ako sa saya dito?" Tanong kong nakakatawa.

"Ah naka move on na sa TOTGA nya wow pare I'm so proud of you!" He said.

I laughed and said, "ang tagal na non i think it's only right for me to do so."

"May bago na ba?" He smiled and moved his eyebrows suspecting me.