1

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Maddie raced to the car, 'shotgun!' she called, beating her twin sister Belly to the passenger seat.

'You always get to sit in the front,' Belly groaned.

'I won fair and square, Bells' Maddie replied with a smug look.

Steven was driving and once he and their mum, Laurel, got in the car they were off. Back to Cousins for the summer, to say Maddie was excited would be an understatement. Cousins was her home away from home, she missed Jere and Connie, and Susannah.

'Have you heard from Jeremiah, Maddie?' Her mother asked.

'Yeah, I was texting him before, they arrived yesterday,' She responded with a nod, Maddie and Jere had always been close.

The drive was second nature for Maddie, she knew every traffic light, every turn, it was engraved in her brain. They had gone to spend the summer at the Fisher beach house ever since she could remember, sometimes the dad's would come up as well, but it was usually the mum's and their kids. She and Belly had grown up with three older brothers, they both loved it.

Her and Belly were close, they were twins after all, but they were quite different. Belly was much more secluded than Maddie, the latter being much more outgoing and extroverted than her 3 minutes and 40 second younger sister. They still loved each other though, they always went for night swims at the beach house's pool, they gossiped, Maddie knew all about Belly's long time crush on Conrad, the elder Fisher brother.

'I want you to be better about helping out this summer,' Laurel said suddenly, 'don't just leave your dishes in the sink, load them into the dishwasher. And not just your own dish either Steven, I want you guys to be good house guests.'

'Mum, Susannah has people that clean doesn't she,' Steven rebutted. This earned him a slap on the head from Laurel.

Their mum was weird when it came to money, the fact that Susannah has a lot and they didn't.

'This also means not staying out too late Steven,' Laurel added.

'Mum, I'm too old to have a curfew,' He complained.

'Wait what about me, I don't have a curfew either, do I?' Belly added.

'Yeah surely I don't either,' Maddie said.

'We'll talk about it when we're at the house girls,' Laurel said, ending the conversation.

As they were nearring Cousins, their mum spoke up again, 'are you two girls going to be coming with me to Whale of a Tale to pre sign stock before the party tomorrow night?'