01. klee's outing

━━━━━ STONE GATE, LIYUE

"Food and water are in the last zipper, toiletries are-"

"I get it, Kaeya! you've told me that about fifteen times in a span of ten minutes," Adette said.

"Klee wants to go on an adventure with Adette too!" the little girl stated, hugging Adette's left leg so that she won't be able to move.

Adette bent down and gave Klee a smile. "It's not as fun as it sounds, Klee. I'm going to Inazuma to study. there'll be loads of thick books and examinations, it is really stressful."

Klee frowned at the word 'examinations'. Master Jean had her take it once before and Klee decided she did not like it at all.

"Be safe on your travels," Eula spoke from behind Kaeya. "There's a lot waiting for you out there."

"Oh! Like monsters and dragons?" Klee cheered, she regained her excitement.

smiling, you patted Klee's head and stood up. "I will, thanks Eula."

"We will miss you, Adette," Kaeya had a look of worry written on his face as he spoke.

you laughed, "stop acting like how a dad would send his child off to nursery."

"i just can't help it, it seems like only yesterday-"

"Kaeya, jean's going to start suspecting something by now," Eula interrupted, shooting him a glare.

Kaeya had managed to get Klee out of her solitary confinement by telling Jean that they would be going for some sightseeing at the lake just outside of Mondstadt city. if she knew that he had taken her all the way to Stone Gate -

After hugging and bidding your friends goodbye, you started embarking on your journey to Liyue harbour.

━━━━━ KAMISATO ESTATE, INAZUMA

"Some of these books you need for the upcoming school year can only be purchased in liyue," Ayaka mentioned as her eyes skimmed through the book list.

Ayato hummed in response, too engrossed in the newspaper he was reading.

"I can travel there to get the books!" Thoma said.

Ayato hummed again.

"Just what exactly are you reading?" Ayaka stormed over to his desk and looked over his shoulder.

"It's about a murder in Mondstadt," Ayato sighed. "In my opinion, they should've kept that girl who was found at the crime scene in jail. why would she be found there with a dead old lady in the first place?"

Thoma joins them at the desk, the three of them reading the article in the dim light together.

"She claims that she was not the murderer. and as you said, she was the only one at the crime scene. There were no other witnesses. only what she says can be considered the truth," Ayaka argued.

"People don't always tell the truth," Ayato stated firmly, and Ayaka knew there was no way to talk him out of this.

"this girl from Mondstadt... What's her name?" Thoma asked.

"The article provides no information on who she is or what she looks like," Ayato scoffs. "A murderer deserves to be exposed to the world."

"Would it hurt you to be a little more trusting of people? imagine how that girl must be feeling: there's nobody who believed her," Ayaka sighed. "I'm going to bed."

"Goodnight, ayaka," Thoma offered her a smile. "My lord, you should head to bed soon as well."

"Thank you, Thoma. I'll be fine, you go ahead."

"Well, if you say so."

Ayato was left alone at his desk with a single lamp on, his thoughts buried in what his sister said.

Would it hurt you to be a little more trusting of people?