10. vulnerability kills

Adette changed her mind.

She wasn't ready to talk about something as vulnerable as feelings. She needed to keep that to herself.

The cafeteria was beautiful, the ceilings were high with chandeliers hanging down from them. The huge windows allowed her to spot the moon, high in the sky. There weren't many people since it was pretty late.

He picked a table in the corner, Adette sitting opposite him (which she later regretted because she couldn't stop staring).

"I'm sorry," she told him and watched his expression contort into one of confusion.

"What for?"

"I'm not ready to talk about my feelings, I said that on impulse," she murmured, embarrassed.

"Everyone has moments like that, they feel as though they should say something in the heat of the moment."

She hummed in response. "Do you have moments like that?"

"Yes, right now," he sat up a little straighter. "Let's have a study session this weekend, the both of us."

Adette's heart was pounding so hard she was afraid he could hear it. Her gaze was on the cup of black coffee he had ordered for her.

"Violet?"

"Is it-" she cleared her throat, fingers fidgeting under the table, "a date?"

Ayato grinned.

A genuine grin which she found so beautiful. The dimple on the left side of his face decided to make an appearance and Adette was restraining herself from touching his face.

Whether she hated to admit it or not, he was, with no doubt, an attractive man.

"Do you want it to be? I'm okay with whatever you want."

"I really don't know, we just met a few days ago and it would be weird if we went on a date without the simple things about one another," she replied.

"Alright then," he placed his chin under his palm and looked at her. "Tell me about yourself, Violet."