Ochenta y uno - 81

Oh shit!

Oh shit!

We all crowd around the hoop and my heart is accelerating. Sweat trickles down my face, blinding my view as ragged breaths surround me.

Fuck fuck...

A loud gasp erupts from the crowd as Shawn savagely blocks the game-winning shot with his large hand. The ball flies in the air, Marcus secures it, and dribbles full-speed down the court. Step for step, I match his speed as we close in on one lone defender. He passes to me and I shoot, dibble down, and alley-oop it right in.

Flashing cameras blind me as relief bursts through in my chest. The crowd roars with cheers busting through my ear drums as I gallop in, bumping into Marcus shoulders.

Maryland 100, Baylor 99

A victorious smile spreads across my face as the tension in my chest relaxes. We all crowd around Shawn, who is smiling from ear to ear. Xavier noogies his head and Jordy picks Shawn up and spins him around. After back and forth with offense to defense, finally Baylor got tired out and we pushed through. I have to admit that I was a little scared and doubted myself because we have been on a winning streak and once you lose, you are out and going home.

"Yeah!" Jordy cheers loudly, running around with his arms spread wide like a maniac airplane.

Laughing at Jordy, Xavier and Taylor fold their arms in front of live national TV cameras, boasting because we've just been ruining the March Madness brackets.

"And yet another upset the Maryland Terps pulled off again! And they are now entering the Final Four," a nearby TV reporter says.

In a rush of foot traffic and white flashes, reporters, videographers, and photographers take over the gymnasium floor.

We line up and connect hands with each Baylor player, with their heads hung down low and our chins lifted. I know the feeling after pushing so hard and just coming up short like that.

"Good game, man," Jeremiah says at the end.

We share a brotherly hug and pat each other on the back. "You definitely almost broke my ankle," I joke.

He cracks a smile and nods. "I'll see you at dinner, right?" He lets out a soft smile.

"Yeah." I nod and swallow hard "I'll meet you guys in the lobby at nine."

He lets out another warm smile. "Alright." He nods and jogs off with his team, who look at me and look back at him confused on why he's congratulating me.

The past couple of days have been interesting, to say the least, after meeting with Nathan on Monday. Seeing him is still a shock to me, after all these years that t was right here and right now. I told Uncle Steve about it right away and he was just as shocked as I was, then encouraged me to speak with Nathan.

I glance up at the floor seats to see Nathan waving at me and I wave back. He lets out a soft smile and I give in return. Turning my back, I head back to the locker room with my team with a huge smile on my face but my chest is still heavy at the thought about Nathan.