Six Months Later

I had seen a bit of change in the staffing. Kieran's girlfriend, Cheyenne, managed to get a job and we had become really good friends, talking about my case of being a metahuman. 

"That must've been so bad for you. So soon and you had to deal with all this." She sympathised, putting her hand on mine. 

"You get over it eventually, and besides, I had a side project of mine to keep me busy." I moved over to a cabinet and pressed a couple of buttons, entered a password and opened a cabinet which had a suit in it that I'd been working on. 

(A/N I literally just found Psylocke's suit which is perfect for Ryker that's why it's there)

"I'd done some research and apparently the amount of energy I'd consumed had created a cosmic energy called a Nexus inside of me. I don't know the limit to my metahuman abilities and I'm not sure if there is. One thing I can do is bench press 2000kgs." I shrugged, looking in awe at my handiwork. But I felt something was about to happen, so I closed the cabinet and muttered something to Chey, running to the cortex. Walking briskly into the cortex, I took a look at Barry, turning away. Caitlin walked in with Cisco, both moving over to the operation table opposite the door. 

"Where am I...?" A voice groaned, but it wasn't anyone I knew. That's when it clicked. 

Barry. 

"Potato'clock." I signalled, grabbing a light and tossing it to Caitlin, who shone it in his eye. 

"Pupils responsive." 

I tapped into a radio, pressing the comms button. "Dr Wells, please report to the cortex. I repeat, report to the cortex." After that, I let Caitlin and Cisco do the work. They're much more experienced in caring for Barry than I was.

"I need you to urinate in this." The much much former demanded, holding up a specimen bottle, which Cisco tore out of her hands with a warning look.  In confusion, Barry tore an IV from his arm, and Cisco stopped him. 

"Chill, man! You're at S.T.A.R Labs!" 

"S.T.A.R. Labs? Who are you?" 

"I'm Cisco Ramon, and this is Caitlin- Dr Snow-"

"What am I doing here...?" 

"You were struck by lightning, dude!" Cisco exclaimed loudly. That's when he looked in the mirror, in awe of his physique. 

"Lightning... gave me abs?" 

"The electrocution diet. You'll have overweight people across America clinging to metal poles in thunderstorms." 

"You were in a coma." 

"For how long?" 

"Nine months." I interrupted, turning all attention to me. "I'm not a rando, don't worry. I'm Ryker Hathaway, one of the scientists here." I saw Barry's hand reaching towards the electrodes, but I raised my hand. "Don't want to do that. It could damage you further, so might want me to remove those. Guys, if you leave the room, it'll kind of be awkward for you to watch me remove electrodes from someone's chest." I chuckled, and they all shuffled out while I turned to Barry. 

"I somehow remember you." He murmured when I approached him with a pair of tweezers. 

"Oh yeah? Where from?" I asked quietly, prying one electrode off and getting to work on the others.

"I've heard your voice before. Very recently, but I don't know where from." 

"You'll figure it out eventually." I smiled, almost done. 

"Were you struck by lightning too?" Barry asked, raising his eyebrows. I chuckled, looking at my arms, which were muscular due to the supernatural powers I'd gotten.