mismatched | soobin x reader

PAIRING | soobin x reader
IDOLS FEATURED | choi soobin, choi yeonjun, choi beomgyu, kang taehyun, hueningkai, hwang hyunjin, hwang yeji
WC | 3.4k
GENRE | fluff, very slight angst
WARNINGS | explicit language, arguing, jokes about sex
SYNOPSIS | when soobin had shyly asked if you wanted to have a matching halloween costume with him, you were over the moon. you both couldn't wait to find the perfect couple's costume and show off at your friend's annual halloween party, but finding the 'perfect costume' is harder than you both expected.

Matching Halloween costumes for couples had always been cringe to you, ever since the people around you had started wearing them

Matching Halloween costumes for couples had always been cringe to you, ever since the people around you had started wearing them. There were the classic prince and princess costumes, the weird sexual ones, and the ones that were just plain odd.
Either way, seeing people in happy relationships made you jealous, and couple costumes made you straight up nauseous.

That is, until you got a boyfriend yourself.

Soobin was the sweetest person you had ever met, and upon entering a relationship with him you finally realized why everyone in relationships acted the way they did. Being in love was incredible, and you were in love with the very idea of it. Just a few months after you started dating, Halloween began approaching, and you were getting ready for your annual low-effort, low-cost costume, when Soobin had shyly sat you down and asked if you wanted to have a matching couple's costume with him.

"Is everything okay, Bin?" you asked, worried. Soobin quietly took your hands in his as you sat down together, pressing his lips into a thin line as he avoided eye contact.

You were fearing the worst, feeling your heart pounding violently in your chest as he finally looked at you, eyes shining. "Do you want to have matching Halloween costumes?" he blurted out, his face turning red with embarrassment.

"That was the question?" you asked, laughing in relief, "I thought something was wrong! Of course, Bin."

Soobin puffed out his cheeks at your laughs. "It's not funny," he pouted, "I've been working up the courage to ask you all week."

"Why in the world would I say no?" you asked, poking his dimple.

"Because," Soobin whined, "you always talk about how cringe all the typical couple things are. I thought couple's costumes would gross you out."

"They did, years ago," you admitted, "but now that I have someone to match with, I think I like the idea."

"So you were just lonely?" Soobin asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Shut up," you laughed, lightly smacking his arm.
"You know I'm right!"

"So what if you are! You're so annoying!"

"If you think I'm so annoying, kiss me to shut me up!" Soobin puckered his lips and closed his eyes, expectantly waiting for your kiss. You rolled your eyes and pressed your fingers against his lips. "That wasn't a kiss!"