cereal killer | hueningkai x reader

PAIRING | hueningkai x reader
IDOLS FEATURED | hueningkai
WC | 2.2k
GENRE | fluff
WARNINGS | explicit language, slight descriptions of gore & murder
SYNOPSIS | instead of making any sort of elaborate plans on halloween, you decided to stay in and hand out candy while watching a horror movie, just like you did every year. this year was slightly different however, as you were joined by your loving boyfriend, who had a terrible fear of horror movies, but was determined to watch one with you.

 this year was slightly different however, as you were joined by your loving boyfriend, who had a terrible fear of horror movies, but was determined to watch one with you

Cheesy horror movies are terrible. Anyone can agree with that. They're made up of obviously fake gore, bad acting, and stupid characters who make the worst possible decisions. You were well aware of all of that, but secretly, you loved them. They made you laugh, and you liked criticizing the characters and their lack of common sense. You liked watching these terrible movies throughout the year, but watching them on Halloween was something that made the holiday special for you. While you had friends, you much preferred to stay indoors by yourself rather than going out to parties with them. Not that parties were inherently bad, you enjoyed them from time to time, but on Halloween you preferred to watch your stupid movies and hand out candy if any trick-or-treaters happened to knock on your door.

But this year was slightly different. For one, you had a boyfriend, who had come into your life unexpectedly, but you were incredibly grateful for it. He was an adorable little thing. He was the sweetest man you had ever met, cuddly and selfless, and best of all, he was amazingly handsome. He had asked if you wanted to spend Halloween with him, as his friends were all either going out with their significant others or going to a party, and he didn't want to be a third wheel at all. This led to you inviting him over to your apartment to partake in your annual bad horror movie marathon, and he had agreed, although he sounded somewhat reluctant which made you a little nervous.

The day started out cold and crisp, the air bitterly cold, without any reminiscence of summer, which seemed like it had been just days before. You had opened your window for some fresh air, but immediately closed it upon feeling the cold draft of a gust of wind tickling your skin, making you shiver. The leaves on the trees bordering your apartment building were nearly all gone now, the previously brilliant shades of yellow, orange, and red long gone. The brown remains of the autumnal shades laid on the street, being swept away by the wind. It was a lazy sort of day, the slightly stuffy air inside your apartment making your moves slow and sticky. The cloudy atmosphere only made you feel even more sleepy, and it was a lot of work to drag yourself out from underneath your cozy covers and put on some clothes, only slightly more formal than your pajamas. You brought yourself to dust on a little makeup, and then began making a cozy nest in front of your TV, preparing for that evening with Kai. The day before you had purchased sweets of all kinds for him, and you laid them out on the coffee table in front of your couch, hoping that it would be enough for him. He had promised to bring drinks and other snacks, so you supposed you would end up having more than enough.

The day dragged on, and for lunch you made yourself a pot of hot soup that made your insides metaphorically glow with warmth. Kai had said that he would be arriving in the evening, which was rapidly approaching. The sky was beginning to turn a deep indigo at the ridges, the once gray expanse tinged purple and pink. The faint glow of the sun behind the clouds was a light yellow, sinking further into the horizon with every minute that ticked by. You spotted children starting to come outside, decked out in various costumes, dragging their parents down the street eagerly, excited for candy. You shut your curtains and nestled into your den of blankets, starting to look for a good movie to watch with Kai.