𝑆𝑈𝑀𝑀𝐸𝑅 𝐻𝑂𝑈𝑆𝐸

It was June first

It was June first. Savannah's favorite day of the year. The day when she gets to see her best friend.

Jeremiah had been texting her all morning about how excited he was to see her and she was excited to see him too.

Being friends with someone who lives so far away for the majority of the year sucks. In a way, it seemed to strengthen their relationship though because they cherished the three months they had together.

Currently, Savannah was sitting on the edge of her bed waiting for Jeremiah to text her and tell her they had made it like he did every year.

Minute after minute Savannah stared at her phone until she saw Jeremiah's contact pop up with a simple text, "here".

She sprung off her bed and ran out of her house and over to the Fisher's, which was right next to hers.

She stopped at the sight of the familiar boy stepping out of the passenger side of his brother's red jeep.

He turned around and locked eyes with her. The two stood there for a few seconds as they stared at each other.

Jeremiah looked a lot different. He was taller and more muscular. Savannah didn't think the boy could be more attractive than he already was but there he stood.

Savannah had changed quite a bit too. Not that she had really realized. Her hair was lighter from the last time Jeremiah had seen her and she had gotten her braces off. Overall she just looked older. Jeremiah was stunned, to say the least. Seeing her like that made his heart flutter in an unfamiliar way.

Jeremiah was the first one to move but as soon as he did, Savannah moved too. When they got close enough Jeremiah opened his arms and Savannah hugged him tightly.

"I missed you so much," He said, wrapping his arms around her waist.

"I know, you've told me that over text about one thousand times today," She giggled.

"Uh, I don't think it was that much," He defended, letting go of her.

Savannah rolled her eyes and looked over at Conrad, who was leaning against his car.

"Hey, Con," She smiled at him.

Conrad Fisher was an interesting character. Savannah and him had always had a good friendship, kind of a sibling like relationship.

"What's up, Sav?" He replied, giving her one of his signature side smiles.

Savannah shrugged, "Not much, where's your mom?"

"Oh, she drove down separately," Jeremiah answered, "I just got off the phone with her about five minutes ago and she said she was twenty minutes away so she should be here pretty soon."

Savannah nodded as Conrad opened the trunk of his jeep which was packed with all their bags and clothes.

"Jer, help me bring stuff in," He said, pulling one of the bags out.