Goddess Diplomacy

Selina leaned back in her chair. She folded one gloved hand over the other, crossing her legs while keeping her elbows on the arm-rests. She took in a single, calming breath as she beheld her uninvited guests.

To her right sat a woman that was the spitting image of the Goddess Of War, Ares. The Goddess hadn't changed much since the two of them "met" in the forest. With the main difference being that this was her in the flesh. Her muscles were toned to a fine point, adding to her appearance as the Goddess of all Warriors. Fiery red locks of hair fell down to her chest, looped into four long braids around her head and back. Her facial features were a strange combination of rough yet smooth. Three scars ran across her cheeks and down her neck, though they only served to add a sharpness to her godly visage. Black and red tattoos ran across her body, seeming to act as both intricate patterns depicting different battles and wars of the past...and clothing. The only actual article of clothing Ares had was a single golden skirt that only covered her upper thighs.

Ares caught the Huntress watching her and raised an eyebrow, "What? Got something to say? We already explained that we're here to talk."

"Yes, you did. But I'm unsure if that's enough of a reason to suddenly appear in my home without being invited," the Huntress replied, frown clearly evident on her face. She had woken up in the middle of the night after hearing a sound from downstairs. She left the bed without waking her children, let Eve and Matilda know that she was going to check it out, made sure she had her Burial Blade on her, then went downstairs. She didn't spot anyone until she entered the living room. At which point, the Goddesses appeared in bright flashes of light. She was ready to attack but Ares was quick to explain their reason for being there.

Which was that they wished to "negotiate" with her.

Exactly what they planned to negotiate has yet to be revealed.

"Considering everything that's happened, would you really have let us in if we knocked on your door?"

"Perhaps not. But something to let me know that you wished to parley would've gone a long way. Such as a note attached to my door. Unless such things are considered 'unbecoming of Divinities'."

Ares' lips curled into a frown. She prepared to respond, but went silent when the Goddess sitting next to her placed a hand on her thigh.

"Now, now, Ares," she said, her pearl white skin contrasting Ares' dark bronze. She had platinum blonde hair that was allowed to flow freely down her entire body. It was so long and voluminous that she used it as a cushion to sit on. Where Ares' body was toned and made for battle, hers' was plump and made to bear children. Large hips and a chest bigger than her head helped sell the image of a Fertility Goddess. Pink iris on a friendly, loving face would disarm any who didn't know what she was.

In many ways, she was Ares' exact opposite.

Save that she was completely nude.

Not a single article of clothing was present on her body.

Selina made a mental note to wash the cushions on that couch later.

"Calm down. We're not here to get confrontational," her voice was soothing in an otherworldly sense. As if the words were being spoken by a sweet elder sister or an entire communities' mother figure.

Ares bit her tongue then leaned back in her seat, "Right. Thanks, Eros."

"No problem," Eros, the Goddess of Love said before taking her hand off Ares. She turned towards the Huntress and frowned, "However, she is partially correct. If we approached you in any other way, you were more likely to tell us off instead of listen to us. Granted, the fault of that rests on our shoulders. We are the ones who sent our own people after you. For that, we apologize."