Epilogue

Jake's POV

Saturday had finally arrived. In a couple hours, me and Hailey will be together, holding hands... going on a date...! OOOH my gosh! I'm gonna make the most of today! A blush came to his face and he let out a 'squee' sound, unable to contain his happiness.

Jake thought back to the night of the competition, where he had asked Hailey out. The plan was to meet up in the park for a walk and get some bubble-tea together. It wasn't much, but so long as they were together, he was happy. He had told Hailey that there was no need to dress up for it, but at the same time Jake wanted to look good for their date. He sifted through his wardrobe and found a men's buttoned shirt, neat fitting jacket, and black trousers. He put them on and looked in the mirror, causing him to cringe a bit as it didn't really match his personality, but he wanted to impress Hailey.

A couple of weeks ago, he would have been acting this way over Daisy, but had lost feelings for her after he realised that he was mainly crushing on her cuteness and that Hailey was the girl he truly loved. But then the memories of that day came back. The day that the club heard the way Jake talked behind their back and Hailey had been in tears. Honestly though, that was nothing compared to the way that Jake had treated Hailey and the rest of the club before he had joined.

Jake's gleeful smile soon turned to a frown. He had been a real jerk. Sure, everyone in the club said that they forgave him, but could Hailey really love a bully like him? How could he have thought that they could ever be together? Maybe he should just skip the drama and cancel the date now? No, that could break Hailey's heart, and he could never hurt her. He would have to go on the date, and let Hailey be the one to reject him, even though he knew how much it was going to hurt to be rejected by the one he loved.

Hailey's POV

Hailey had originally planned to wear her usual clothes, but now that the day was here, she had a change of mind. She looked through her closet and found her teal sundress. She had a pair of heels that would go well with the outfit, but as they were going to the park, she decided to go with a set of her favourite exercise shoes instead.

She looked in the mirror. The dress was cute, but she was also noticing everything wrong with her body. Her body didn't curve like the girls she followed on Gachagram, hers was more rectangular. And her hair looked like a mess that curled at awkward angles. She followed a tutorial on her phone on how to use pins to better fit the dress, but it didn't seem to help that much. She combed her hair for 15 minutes, but there were still strands that refused to straighten. She considered makeup, but as she didn't use it often, she knew that could end in disaster. Though she did allow herself some ultra-black mascara to complement her grey eyes.

She looked at the time on her phone and let out a frustrated groan, deciding that this would have to do, as she couldn't be late. Hailey left her room and walked toward the house door to leave. "Where are you going?" asked Zander.

Honestly, it was none of his business. But it wasn't like Zander didn't already know. "On a date with Jake!" she explained.

"Isn't that just to the park, there's no need to dress up for that idiot."

"Hey, he's my boyfriend now, don't call him that."

"Doesn't change the fact," muttered Zander.

She wanted to argue, but had no time for that. She left the house in a huff and walked towards the park. Eventually she spotted Jake sitting on a park bench near where they had agreed to meet up.

"Hi Jake," she waved, approaching the boy.

Jake's face lit up upon seeing Hailey, waving back. "You look beautiful princess!"