01.Caroline and Klaus (TVD)

I reached out and grabbed his hand as he was about to walk away. He froze and looked at me, and our eyes met. I saw grief, sadness, anger and hope. I couldn’t quite explain the feeling that went through me as our eyes locked. There was pity for sure, but was there… love? No. I hated him for all the things he has done. For the deaths of everyone around me, for the upcoming death of the man I truly love. It was all him. He was a monster.

The pitter-patter of rain drops were like lullabies as we stood outside Jeremy and Elena’s house. I could smell the rain, the air, but most of all I could smell him. His scent something I’ve already memorized.

“Caroline?” He was looking at me with an amused expression on his face. But I could still see in his eyes the sadness and anger he was hiding. My hand was still clutched to his arm and I quickly let go as he turned to face me fully. Under the porch light I could see his face clearly. His eyebrows were furrowed now he was waiting for me to speak.

“Um…” But there was nothing for me to say. Why did I stop him in the first place? Was it because maybe I wanted to delay him from killing Tyler? Or was it something else?

“Can we talk?” What a stupid question. Why would he want to talk to me? Why else would he listen? Besides I’ve said so much already. But there was something tugging at my heart, my brain and everything else.

“You can’t stop me. I’ve done more than enough as I’ve already told you Caroline, there’s nothing more you can do to stop me from killing your precious Tyler.” He sneered. He always appears to be so strong, so menacing. There was more to him than that. He isn’t just a big bad guy who kills everyone who crosses him. He doesn’t kill just because he wants to; he does it because he has to.

“It’s not that.” I managed. When I had said the things that made him save me, I meant it. I knew he loved me, I knew he was hurt and still is. I know there’s a part of him that’s human and capable of being saved. I know that his heart isn’t all dark and bad. And yet I broke him. I was the only one who can see right through him, and I pushed him away.

“What is it then?” He asked with an eyebrow raised. He was enjoying himself, and yet I could tell he wanted to leave. “I know why you do it.” I said, my face inches away from his. “Do what dear?” He asked amusingly. “Why you kill.” He froze for a millisecond, and in that millisecond I saw a flash of pain and agony in his eyes. Then that millisecond passed and he’s eyes showed only sadness and anger. “And what do you presume the reason is?” he smiled. “Because you have to. Because you’re hurt and you find that there’s no other way for you to ease the pain you feel. Because you’re in pain.” It came rushing out. It wasn’t much but it was how I saw it. He leaned closer, now his face was merely five centimeters away from mine. “You know nothing Caroline.” He whispered. But I knew he was lying, there was even more pain and sadness in his eyes. I knew I was at least half right.

Then it happened. I couldn’t help it. I closed the small gap that was in between our lips and kissed him. His lips were warm and moist. He hesitated for a moment, maybe he was shocked, then he kissed me back. My arms wrapped around his neck and his wrapped around my hips. He held me close to him and I pressed against his warm stone hard body.

What was I doing? I should be stopping this! I loved Tyler. Maybe I’m doing this so he’ll spare Tyler’s life if I told him I felt the same way. No, I’m lying to myself. I love him too. He is beautiful, and mysterious and simply him. I love him. I know I do. And as I accepted this fact my breath quickened and everything seemed to feel so right. But I had to stop it. I had to stop it because I didn’t want him to think I was doing this for Tyler’s sake. I needed to tell him how I really felt.

I pushed him away gently and he complied. In a second he was standing in front of me, he’s face filled with hurt. This was a different kind of hurt. His eyes were watery and his hands were clenched into fists.

“If you think you can stop me from killing Tyler by playing with me Caroline you’re wrong!” He shouted, the pain even showed in his voice. Although I could tell he was trying not to show it.

“No. You’re wrong.-“ I started, emotion clear in my voice. “This has nothing to do with Tyler. Klaus it’s real. I love you. And I can no longer deny that.” Tears were flowing now. He had to believe me.

He looked straight into my eyes. “Tell me the truth.” He was compelling me and I was afraid of what I’d say. But I wanted to know as well.

“I love you Klaus”

A tear fell from his eye as he kissed me again.

*****

HEY GUYS! omg I wish this (or something better) would happen! I superduper love Klaroline. OMG. AHAHHA anyway tell me what you guys think of this fanfic (: It's my first so please be nice hehhehe. I think I'm going to be writing Klaroline fanfics a lot. Thanks for reading!!

Comment. Rate. Fan (: