Chapter 11

'A lot has to be done with the case, I need to meet Kanika's family. Otherwise nothing can be found out. This is a complicated case and I can feel that', Sidharth thinks while walking in his room after returning from the meeting with the DM. He is lost in his deep thoughts when his mother enters the room and gives him a glass of water. He gets startled by her presence. "Don't stress so much Sid. Dimag thanda rakh phir sab kuch samajh mein aa jayega tujhe. Stress mat le beta", his mom says while running her hands through his hair.

Shehnaaz was completing her college assignments. He looks at the clock on her study table and exhales "Haaye rabba! I was sitting in the same place for four hours. Shukar hai ye assignments khatam ho gaya." She breathes out in relief. She takes her phone and thinks about calling Sidharth. 'Sidharth might be busy. But I miss him too. Okay I'll call him just once he doesn't reply I will not call again'. She calls and thinks that he might not answer. But she hears his deep voice from the other side. Her face immediately has a beautiful smile. They keep talking about their lives, Sidharth expressed that he needed information to go forward with the case but he is not getting a clue. Shehnaaz told him the same thing which his mom said. "Sidharth stop stressing. You are a human being. It's your responsibility to find the truth and you will do that, but stop being so hard on yourself. If you don't find the information today, then try tomorrow."

Sidharth smiles thinking how much Shehnaaz cares for him. He gets surprised when he hears Shehnaaz saying "Coffee peene chale aaj? If you are interested?" On the hand Shehnaaz has her small fingers crossed, she wishes that he accepts the offer.
Sidharth has a cute smile on his face "hmmm....not a bad idea". He hears her giggles. He controls his smile and teases her "will you keep giggling or will you get ready as well? I'll be there to pick you after thirty minutes, be ready."

Sidharth takes a quick shower and gets ready in his casuals. He wears a pair of dark blue jeans with a white shirt. He wears his favourite silver watch. He takes his wallet, phone and car keys. He texts a message 'I'll be there in fifteen minutes. Get ready SKG'. He rushes out the room and hurriedly says "Maa have dinner. I might be late." Mrs Rita asks  him where he was going. "Sid you returned right now. Where are you leaving? And why are you in such a hurry?" While tying the laces of his shoes he struggles to find an answer. His mother understands that and asks with a smile "dinner date?". He tries to hide his blush and replies "not really. Just a 'coffee peene chale' till now. I'm getting late. Bye!" He rushes out of the house when his mother looks at Sidharth's father's picture on the wall. She looks at the picture with misty eyes but has a big smile on her face 'Our Sid is happy after a long time. Please be with him always'.

Shehnaaz reads Sidharth's message. She looks at the pile of clothes on her bed and says "Haaye Siyappa. What should I wear?" She takes a normal salwar kameez in her hand and thinks that it will be too simple, she needs to wear something decent. She looks at a white long dress and thinks that it will not look nice on her. Finally after thinking about the pros and cons of each dress, she wears a light blue half sleeved shirt with royal dark blue jeans. She wears her favourite white sneakers and takes her bag. She keeps her long hair open and applies very less makeup. She wears her favourite sandalwood perfume. Soon she hears the door bell ring. Shehnaaz sees Sidharth standing there with a big smile on his face "You ready? Let's go then".

Both of them are in Sidharth's car, when Shehnaaz compliments his looks "You're looking handsome". He has a cute smile on his face "thanks Moti Baby". She frowns "Moti? Baby? Pehle soch le kya bolega". He says "It came out of my mouth automatically. Your chubby cheecks makes you look cute. So I will call you Moti. That's final." She decides to tease him "And baby? Will you not call me that?" He focuses on the driving and looks on the other side to hide his blush. She giggles and pinches his cheeks, "Tu toh bada cute hai Sidharth". He sighs "That's something new. All thanks to you for calling me cute".