Chapter 2

A car comes infront of M.K.P College, Mumbai. ACP Sidharth, Constable Chaudhry and Deshmukh come out of it. They were not dressed in the police uniform. Soon they meet the principal of the school Miss Sushmita Jaiswal. She cordially welcomes them after introducing herself, "Welcome Sir. I am honoured that you have come."
"Thank you Miss Jaiswal. Thank you for inviting me" says Sidharth confidently. The principal and Sidharth enter inside the college premises. Deshmukh and Chaudhry follow them. They can see the college girls staring glances at Sidharth. They even hear a few of them whispering "he is so handsome" "he looks like a model" "he is so hot". It is not their mistake because, Sidharth is looking extremely dashing in a white shirt. He is wearing a black blazer and black formal pants. His perfectly combed hair compliments his looks. Ignoring all the whispers, they enter the auditorium where the function was to be held. The college has organised a programme about the safety of women and women empowerment. Sidharth gets a call in his phone. He excuses himself and he goes outside the Auditorium to receive the call. He stands in a vacant place in the college ground.

When he checks his phone he sees that he has received a few messages about an important meeting. While he checks his mobile, he hears a female voice shouting at him "Hello, excuse me. Why are you standing here? Don't you know that all the students have to be present inside to watch the programme?"
Sidharth is a little shocked and surprised after hearing that. He turns infront to see a girl in a white salwar and white dupatta with minimum makeup standing there. Her hands are kept on her waist and her eye brows are crooked, maybe she is angry. She is not like like the other girls who generally prefer to be slim and apply loads of makeup, maybe she is different and she is someone who is happy in her own skin. Sidharth's chain of thoughts are broken when she angrily says "don't you know the Principal has asked everyone to be present in the Auditorium? Do I have to send you an invitation letter for doing the same? And why were you busy with your phone instead of attending the programme? Can't you keep your phone aside for a few minutes? All the students have put so much effort for the programme, and it is about an important topic."
Sidharth is a little stunned after hearing her long monologue but he internally smiles. He says "Sorry Miss. I will be present in the auditorium in five minutes"
She was about to say something when a girl calls her inside.
She turns her face towards Sidharth and warns "Be there in five minutes or as the college prefect I will punish you. And in case you want to complain about me for behaving rudely, you can. Shehnaaz Kaur Gill, that's my name. If you want to complain go for it, but be in the auditorium in five minutes, otherwise I won't spare you. And from next time learn to be disciplined and follow the rules". She leaves from there. After seeing the retreating figure of her Sidharth repeats her name 'Shehnaaz Kaur Gill'. He thinks 'This girl is different from the others. Smart, disciplined, brave, confident and someone who is happy with herself'. He smiles and thinks 'Maybe I should go, otherwise I'll surely get a punishment from her'.

Sidharth is seated on the front row of the auditorium, Chaudhry and Deshmukh are sitting on either side of him. He presses the sides of his forehead with his hand. Deshmukh notices the uneasiness on Sidharth's face and asks "Sir is everything ok? Are you feeling unwell? Has your temperature increased?" Sidharth says "yes, a little but Deshmukh it's just a mild fever and headache. I'm fine."

The programme is going well. The college students performed well. Soon Sidharth is called on stage to say a few words. Though his head is aching, he briskly walks on stage and takes the microphone "Good morning everyone. I am ACP Sidharth Shukla." Hearing that Shehnaaz is shocked. She thinks 'Oh My God, Shehnaaz you are an idoit. This is ACP Sidharth Shukla, and you thought he is a college student. Shehnaaz you are dead today'. Her eyes are wide open in shock, which is not unnoticed by Sidharth but he continues, "Well it was amazing to see the programme setup by the college for women empowerment and women safety. Every year we celebrate women's day. But it's sad that some people just pretend to respect women for one day and on the other days they are misbehaving with them. It is very unfortunate that till today some people consider women as subordinate to men. I am someone who is brought up by two strong ladies- my mother and my elder sister. And my parents have always given me and my sister equal rights. If my sister and I were involved in a fight, my parents would scold both of us, and never would never tell my sister that she could not anything just because she is a girl. I am fortunate enough to be born in a family where women are treated very respectfully. You all the future of our country and you all should know how to respect people and stand up for what is right and oppose things that are incorrect. Till today several times women are told not to do several things. They are told not to wear a certain kind of clothing or are restricted from going out at night, but at the same time there is no such restriction for men! You all should remember that women should be independent and they should be allowed to do whatever they want. It is a shame if people say that girls are being molested or raped because of their clothing. I feel the boys should be taught how to be respect girls. As educated citizens it is our responsibility to change the patriarchal society. And to all the girls present here, there is no need to fear anyone, you all have the right to be independent. Be brave to take a stand for yourself. Work hard and show the world that you all no less than anyone. I hope you all will remember what I said. Have a great day ahead. Thank you."