officially a hockey person.

"you're going to another game?" ella asked, standing in grace's doorway.

"yes." grace said simply.

"i dont like you dating brendan." ella told her.

"why? because you want to date brendan? ella, i already told you, he's not interested in you. he even said it himself." grace informed.

"no, i'm over him anyways. it's just that you've changed since you've been dating him. i think jackson was better for you." ella said.

"i've changed? ella, i think you're crazy. why would jackson be better for me? he cheated on me. literally kissed another girl on video. he's a cheater. brendan actually treats me like a decent human being and he doesn't hold me back from what i want to do. he's a nice person, and you would know that if you knew him, but you don't, and im glad you don't know him the way i know him." grace argued.

"ugh, see. this is exactly what i was telling harley. brendans brainwashed you, grace. he's doing all these nice things for you, and then once he goes pro, you'll be left in the dust, so don't come crying to us when he breaks up with you and you get your heart broken. go to mommy and daddy and see if they do anything." ella growled. she left grace alone to finish doing her makeup.

brendan and grace had planned to go out for lunch before his game, that way they could talk about the previous night.

brendan
im here.

grace grabbed her bag, along with her phone, and left the apartment without saying goodbye. she got into brendan's car and he could tell that she was upset.

"everything alright?" he asked.

"just drive." grace mumbled. brendan nodded his head and started to drive to avalon, the lunch place that grace chose.

"you know, i was gonna ask you something im at the restaurant, but i thought about it a lot and i knew how you might react there so i'll just ask you in the car. will you be my girlfriend? no more fake dating." brendan asked.

"really?" grace asked. brendan nodded his head and glanced over at her.

"if i say yes, will you promise to tell me that my friends are wrong?" grace asked.

"i guess?" brendan questioned.

"then yes, i'll be your actual girlfriend. no fake dating anymore." grace smiled, which made brendan smile.

"anyways, ella was telling me that once you go pro, you'll leave me behind and we're gonna break up." grace said.

"i can tell you that ella is wrong. when i go pro, we're still going to be together, hopefully if nothing goes wrong till then. but if we're still going, i can assure you that we will still be with each other. when the season is over, we can go travel." brendan told her.

"travel where?" grace asked.

"anywhere. you could come home to cali with me. we could go to texas to your home. we could go to canada, another home of mine. anywhere. wherever you want to go, we will go." brendan said.

"you're too kind." grace mentioned.

"i know. my mom taught me to always spoil girlfriends. it's just what you have to do." brendan informed. he pulled into the parking lot and the two headed inside for lunch.

once again, brendan treated her to lunch and to another ticket.

"when i get a job, i will be treating you to things like dinners and drinks and other stuff." grace said.

"we'll see." brendan winked at her.

when they got to the arena, brendan and grace walked inside, hand-in-hand as an official newly hockey couple.