Part 12. Kitty

Cecelia is Alma's best friend and had been her best friend since the beginning of the universe. In one of Alma's very first memories, she was already attending Cecelia's "afternoon tea party" as her best friend. And by that time, Cecelia was already roleplaying as a "cat".

Yes, the one thing about Cecelia is her a magical bond with the animal "cat":

The reason for this supernatural relationship remains undecided. Though Cecelia claimed it's because her last life was a cat, Alma argued for a more scientific proposal that it's all because of the old cat toy. The current compromised vision is that Cat is the only back-on-earth thing Cecelia can remember so she must have some destined connection with this specific type of animal.

People grew into expectations. Cecelia is one extreme case.

Under Cecelia's extreme attachment to the animal, she basically became a human cat, which is also why she was nicknamed "Kitty".

She had a strange "cat" look if that makes any sense: a pair of tilted-up cat eyes with round light green pupils, a thin lip, and a pair of canine teeth which she is especially proud of;

And more strangely, she seemed to also possess some "cat" power. For instance, she claimed to have no problem seeing in the dark. Another one would be her ability to produce the "meowing" like a real cat.

The "Meow" thing had worked as a secret code between the two of them. It all started with superhero comic books when they were 5:

"I just realized all superheroes have sidekicks." Kitty's eyes had harbored evil designs.

"So what?" Alma carelessly responded, still flipping over the comic.

"You know I can see in the dark, right?" Kitty threw in another hint.

Alma looked up, watching into Kitty's witty eyes., already guessing her intention.

"Sure." Alma pretended to agree, playing on with the show.

"I am the CatGirl (that's kitty's title since CatLady and CatWomen have been both taken). I have cat power. The only thing I missed is a sidekick. " Kitty looked so intensively at Alma.

"Well, if you are powerful enough, someone would volunteer to be your sidekick." Alma teased, gladly enjoying the show.

Kitty saw Alma's teasing smile and too figured Alma has already known her intention.

"Be my sidekick, Alma. " Kitty gave up on giving hints, talked in open.

"No way."

"Please, Alma. please." Kitty begged, look at Alma with those cute, innocent Cateye.

"No." Alma cruelly responded.

In fact, she didn't mind being sidekicks, but she just enjoy Kitty's beggings.

"Please, please, pleaseeee" Kitty rolled to Alma's side, "You are my best friends. I only have you. Please."

Alma shocked her head.

Kitty performed her ultimate move: she rolled to Alma's side, lying next to her making those "purrr" noises while patting gently on Alma's thigh.

"Pleaseeee, Almaaaaa" Kitty begged in a melting voice.

No one can say no to that.

"Fine." Alma gave up.

"Yeah! Thank you, I love you, Alma. I will do whatever you what from now. " Kitty cheered.

Alma snickered: Oh, Kitty, who is the real sidekick here?

"Okay. Now you are my sidekick. We need to have something special." Kitty said,

"How about secret codes?" Alma proposed.

"I love it! We can talk like cats." Kitty commented without hearing how ridiculous she sound.

"Or you can talk like cats and I will listen." Alma had no wish to become a cat herself.

"Exactly! That will be like I am calling on to you. So from now on, every time I talk,"

Kitty performed some Meows into the air,

"You will come to me and we will start a mission." Kitty finalized.

"Whatever you wish." Alma followed.

"So it's settled!" Kitty was so happy that she jumped.

"Meow, meow" Kitty tried out.

"Here"

"Meow, meow"

"Okay I am here."

"Meow, meow"

"Stop that Kitty"

"Meow, meow"

...

Since then, "Meowing" developed into a secret code between them when Kitty wants to call Alma's attention. And as if the sidekick-superhero is real, she was strangely given the superpower to listen to the voice, regardless of distance or distractions.

Alma didn't have high expectations for this superpower. At first, it's only an entertainment between themselves, and yet surprisingly, this had become extremely handy in recent years- ever since Alma started to learn worker skills from Kitty.

Out of the five types of job occupations, workers were her favorite.

Because as a worker, you get to leave the camp.

And not just leaving, but on special occasions, entering the neighboring city of Phytoanthropes