Chapter 2: Surprise Surprise(2)

Monday's were always a drag. Our form teacher did not pitch up to take the register, in English i felt hopeless since my test results were not looking up to scratch. I had one of the lowest marks of 60%. Literature has never been my subject. Why does one need to how a writer felt when they were writing, like the I'm pretty sure people write for their work to be read not for me to me to think of how the write felt. Pointless is what literature is. Maths went by pretty fast then I fell asleep in French, it really was boring. My days at school are never eventful. I met up with Angie at lunch since we don't have any classes together.

After lunch an announcement was made that all form fours were to go to the auditorium for a meeting. I started thinking of all the possible wrongs our form had done and finally came to the conclusion of none. I guess I was just going to have to wait and find out. After lunch Angie and I were discussing the possible reasons for this meeting with some of the other girls in our form. We were all seated in the auditorium within 5 minutes. There was a constant buzz of chatter within the auditorium.
When Mr Raylard (the deputy head) entered we all stood up in silence (as is expected of Raveni ladies, when a teacher enters a room). It was now second nature after having doing this for four years now.

"You may sit," said Mr Raylard, "Ladies, this year you will have the honour of starting the first annual Trust Schools Leadership Camp. We will be sending all form fours from the Trust Schools to Bulawayo to a camp called Teen bonding Management Camp."  He said, "Your parents have been informed and have already given their consent. We will be leaving on Friday. Any questions?"

Everyone started murmuring. I could feel te excitement bubbling in the air. I could hear some girls already planning skimpy outfits to parade in. How very typical. Angie turned to face me. She looked like she was ready to run around and scream in glee.
"Oh my gosh Lily! This is actually happening." Before she could continue we heard Asheley(what we refer to as our form sl*t) ask a question.  "What time are we leaving and how long is the camp," she said all while batting her fake eyelashes. Why? One would ask, firstly Mr Raylard is old and has a wife...secondly he is married. She has a boyfriend who she constantly cheats on, but hey that's Asheley for you.

"Camp will be for 2 weeks and you will be returning on Friday the 11th of August and the bus leaves at 5 a.m. The details were given to your parents. If there are no more questions then, Good afternoon ladies."
"Good afternoon and thank you Mr Raylard."