Chapter 6 - "Let the games begin"

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

"Chibi-chan~"

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

'Just breathe (y/n)' you kept repeating the same mantra in your head over and over again. It would be foolish to think that you were not going to be nervous, after all it was your first official volleyball tournament as a part of the Chidoriyama VBC, you were a starter on the team, meaning you were the sole playing libero.

"You're up girls, go kill it!" Those words from coach were all it took for you to snap out of your thoughts and back to the present moment. The team had already warmed up so the only thing left to do was get on the court and play the first game, so just like that your team walked up to the court and got into their respective positions. As you look at the opposing side, you can see your rivals, Yukigaoka Junior High. To be fair you were more nervous about the fact that it was your first official game, than the actual game, you knew your team had this in the bag, 'let's just get this over with so we can play against Kitagawa Daiichi in the finals' you thought, and just like that the game was won in straight sets by your team. Later that day you finally played the semis against Amemaru Middle School and naturally you won, so after celebrating your victory you guys headed on home to rest so tomorrow you can all be in top shape to play the finals.

"Good game (y/n)!!" Your father smiled fondly at you, "we are incredibly proud of you" your mother followed, "thank you kaa-san tou-san" you smiled back, truly being appreciative of their words, they always support you on everything you want to do, if you are genuinely passionate about a certain thing you know for a fact that they would give you their whole support no matter what.

As you made your way to bed you text back all your friends congratulations and remind them that the finals are tomorrow. You think about texting Tenma to ask about his game but quickly shake your head at the thought, your friendship has definitely deteriorated in the last month or so, after the whole girlfriend ordeal you had a really hard time facing the Udai boy, it just hurt even to look at his face, so you decided that it would be best if you kept your distance for a while or just until the ache in your heart subsided enough for you to hang out with him again. Nonetheless, he is still your neighbor so on various occasions you've had to converse with him before rapidly coming up with an excuse for you to leave, it was a terrible situation for sure because apart from your deep feelings towards Tenma he was still your best friend, so it was hard to miss the saddened look on his face every time you would reject his proposals to hang out or practice. Another thing that was brought up from the situation it's that you found yourself getting closer to the Suna siblings, as well as Noya and Kenma, not that you minded of course, you were actually grateful to have developed these friendships. All throughout it was a roller coaster of emotions which you didn't actually have time to unpack at this very moment so you put your phone away and decided that it was probably a good idea to sleep right now.

'Ring' bzzz bzzz, 'ring' bzzz bzzz. "Moshi moshi?" you sounded as groggy as you felt from just waking up, "(n/nnnnnn) wake up! The final is starting in twenty minutes, where are you?!?" with that you sprang up from bed and frantically started running to the bathroom to change and get cleaned up "WHAT? No no no this can't be happening right now, are you there senpai??" After a few seconds which felt like hours you heard a boisterous laugh "HA HA HA (n/n)-chan I can practically hear you running around, I'm sorry it was a joke the finals start in a few hours" you were fuming now, your senpai just almost gave you a heart attack "NISHINOYA YUU! I don't care that you're my senpai, I will murder you when I see you later" you still heard giggles from the other side of the phone "aw don't be upset my little kohai it was a harmless joke" you sighed "yeah I gathered that" you replied rolling your eyes "okay fine, I'll leave you to it now and I'll see you later at the final!" You grinned at that "alright see you later senpai" and with that you hung up and got ready.