31. TRAITOR? { 1/2 }

ADYA POV

"Adya"

Vincent lips uttered my name. I quickly wiped my tears and stood up. I pretended to smile at him.

"What exactly are you doing here?"

"I came to call you both, nothing else."

"Are you all right? Why were you crying?"

"Um? I was not. I just-"

"Did you hear everything?"

"Huh? No, I'm not sure what you're talking about."

"Ad-"

"Let's go, Ashi is waiting."

I said this as I dashed into the living room, where Ashi was sitting. I sat down on the couch, folding my legs.

"Are you all right?"

Ashi questioned, and I smiled and nodded once again. Vincent and Ares soon joined us. Ashi was speaking to us, but I was completely distracted. My body was there, but my mind was lost in Ares's story. Vincent was staring at me when I looked at him. I averted my gaze because I couldn't keep up with his gaze.

"Let's go out for dinner tonight, guys. What do you guys think?"

Ashi asked, and Ares immediately responded,

"I can't; I need to go somewhere."

"Where?"

I asked right away, and Ares looked at me. He looked at me for a few seconds before speaking,

"I have a meeting scheduled."

Fucking liar.

"Oh okay"

"And what about you, Adya?"

I gulped as she asked.

"Um, I have to go see a friend."

"Who?"

"Georgia"

"Georgia?"

"Yes"

When Ashi nodded, she gave me a suspicious look.

"I have to leave now; I'll see you guys tomorrow."

"Ares, could you please drop me off at the mall?"

Ares nodded when Ashi asked him. She grabbed her purse and phone, kissed my cheeks, and they both exited the house. Vincent and I were sitting in silence when I couldn't stop myself from crying.

VINCENT POV

I was observing Adya's every move. I noticed her eyes becoming teary, and soon tears streamed down her cheeks. I didn't do anything except observe her. She whispered,

"Why?"

I didn't say anything because I knew what she was on about. I knew she had heard everything but was lying to me to avoid breaking her heart any further.

"Didn't he lie to me?"

Her tearful gaze met mine. I didn't know what to say to her. I didn't want to hurt her any further. I knew what Ares was doing was wrong, but I couldn't stop him.