Whom is in the Right?

Deafening silence.

It's been two days since the incident with Kaigaku; Takeo and Tanjiro had drop him off at the clinic where Aoi told them Kaigaku will be unconscious for awhile due to the blow Tanjiro gave him.

Of course, Tanjiro told Zenitsu about that night. The blond hair boy stared at the two with a blank expression and left the house without a word.

After that nothing was the same, the warm cozy home became silent along with Kyo and Tanjiro, whom haven't had a decent conversation with each other these pass two days.

The longest they had when they were doing their chores, but most of the time they stayed quiet afterwards.

Even though Kyo didn't show it, the family can tell he was furious he was so did Tanjiro.

"This is so frustrating." Kyo breathed deeply to calm himself as he set the new chop woods into the pile.

Kyo gripped his head, forcefully controlling his temper. "Why can't Tanjiro just admit what he did was wrong?"

A part of him—a part he liked to think of as tiny and insignificant—resented the fact that Tanjiro let Kaigaku go without knowing the second thought.

"I wonder how will they would react when I tell them that Tanjiro has been secretly hiding a demon."

That one sentence send an unpleasant chill through Kyo. He didn't want to imagine a future without Tanjiro, nor think about what the villagers will do.

Sighing Kyo wipe off a bit of his sweat, today was rather grey and cloudy which was good in his end since the sun was blocked out.

"Kyo! Dinners ready!" Hanako called out from the house.

Kyo groan. "Great...another day has gone by without word."

Like he predicted dinner was quiet, again.

From the moment the Kyo and Tanjiro both entered the room, silence fell on the household. Kie looked utterly worried, yet continued the motions of serving up the steamed vegetables and rice.

She caught Tanjiro's eye on multiple occasions, both having to look away rapidly as they ate.

Tanjiro could hardly eat; he'd been picking up his rice grain by grain with chopsticks for the last twenty minutes. He didn't know if he could stomach the fish.

Glancing out of the corner of his eye, Tanjiro observed the demon. Kyo pick up a small amount of rice with his chopsticks, staring into the food intently as he ate.

The other siblings eating, fulling aware of the tension minus Rokuta.

The silent was unbearable.

Tanjiro couldn't take it anymore. He slammed his chopsticks on the table, shooting up from his spot. "What I did was my choice!"

"Tanjiro!" Kie shouted in shock.

Kyo still didn't look at him, but sighed, carefully placing his chopsticks down. "And it wasn't right, you basically forgave the man."

"Showing mercy doesn't mean I have forgiven them." Tanjiro clarified.

"But giving it to those who wish you dead are not worth it," the demon argued.

Tanjiro tsked. "Then it's something you won't understand Kyo."

"I do," Kyo rose up, eyes narrowing down on him. "And know between whom deserves it. A trade you, yourself lack at." His voice beginning to rise.

Tanjiro had expected such a response, but it still hurt. He was rise in a loving home with two caring parents and five siblings, his whole family was taught to be kind to others.