Reunion

For a moment, all was silent save for the sounds of Tanjiro's sobs. The boy was too afraid to open his eyes and see nothing but empty clothing, he heard footsteps towards them along the sounds of wind chimes.

"I finally understand now."

That voice....Tanjiro glance up (still too afraid to look at Kyo). Standing before him was the mysterious traveler, the man took off his kasa revealing his face.

He had peachy skin, prominent eyebrows and his eyes dark purple irises and normal, white sclera. He was also tall and muscular with long spiky black hair in a ponytail.

The man kneel down to Tanjiro, "Boy did you really loved this demon?"

"Yes! He met everything to me!" Tanjiro answered, no hesitation. "B-But now he's gone..."

The man sighed thought he slightly smiled. "I wouldn't say that." He pointed next to him.

Confused Tanjiro slowly moved his head. Eye's widen in a mix of disbelief and happiness, Kyo wasn't burning!

"Wh...how...he's n-" he sudden was interrupted when the man place a hand on Kyo's chest.

"Rengoku," the man whispered catching Tanjiro's attention, "I'm sorry for I did or would've done to your father but I seeing this young man giving you the same affection as my brother did to his wife."

A shiny light glow came from the man's hand. "I, Michikatsu, release you from this curse Rengoku Kyojuro."

And then there was blinding light coming from all corners of the shrine right before their every eyes.

Tanjiro stood up when thousands of sakura petals engulf his lover's body. He gasp as Kyo's body began to float, another light joined the mix and healing the poison.

Tanjiro turned to the man, Michikatsu, he stop before he can open his mouth. "You have many questions that'll be answered, for now I have to undo what I did." He said gently, walked to the grand tree but no one followed for their eyes were still on the demon.

They watched in awe as the demonic form shifted and changed, the petals gently place the man down.

Immediately when Kyo's feet touch the ground, the petal scattered all over the area. Standing in front from wasn't a demon but someone else, his features were different.

His hair was the same only brighter, peachy skin, and his eyes turn to golden that fade to red with white pupils.

Dark red hakama, white tabi socks with geta shoes and a beautiful white suikan. Finally his hair half tie by a red string.

Over all Kyo had transformer to a very handsome man.

Kyo looked at himself in shock, very much not dead. "How?"

Tanjiro couldn't help himself run to him and hugged Kyo tight, tugging on his clothing bringing his lover down for a kiss.

Kyo held Tanjiro tightly, shocked but elated. When they separated, the blond red-haired man was a little breathless.

"I'm happy to see you too." Kyo chuckled.

Tanjiro laughed and pressed his face into his shoulder. "Don't ever do that to me again."

Kyo cupped Tanjiro's cheek and nodded. "Never my dear."

"I don't mean to interfere."

Kyo's eyes shifted then glare at Michikatsu. He pushes Tanjiro behind himself, a gentle arm on his shoulder.

"Before you start Kyojuro," Michikatsu gesture to the grand tree that had fallen earlier, "I want you to place your hand over bark."

Ky---No Kyojuro---- hesitant till he felt Tanjiro squeeze his hand gently and nod. Kyojuro cautiously walk towards Michikatsu, he narrowed his eyes to the man then took his attention to the tree.