Episode 1: The Long, Awaited Confession

At Cerise Laboratory, Vermillion City

"There's something I need to confess to you guys.." Ash said, with a sad sigh. Ash was having a talk with his fellow researching buddies and the lab professor. "Yes, Ash?" Professor Cerise asked, a concerned look appeared on his face.

"I'd like to thank you all for the times I've had as a researcher here in the lab, Professor, Goh and Chloe. The missions Goh and I had together were a lot of fun" Ash took quick glances at everyone in the room, tears built up in his eyes as he pulled his hat down. "However, I'm resigning."

Everyone was in shock, then silence for about ten seconds, until...

"Ash, why are you leaving?" asked Professor Cerise. Cerise was curious as to why Ash was resigning.

Ash then looked up at Cerise, with a sad smile. "I realized that I still have most of my life ahead of me. Since my loss against Leon and that I'm still on rough edges battling, I've chosen to continue traveling, which means I'll be gone for a while." Cerise walked up to Ash, grinning and patting him on the shoulder. "Ash, I'd like to thank you for being a part of us, for the missions you and Goh succeeded and most of all, spending time with us, like we're family. I wish you the best of luck on your next journey!" Ash simply nodded, then turned to Goh. Goh grinned at Ash, saying "You were a great pal, Ash. Keep going your path 'til you've reached your goal of being a Pokémon Master! Okay?" His encouragement gave Ash a wide grin. "You've got it, Goh!" Ash and Goh hugged in a brotherly manner. "You do the same, except for catching Mew!" Ash then turned to Chloe. Chloe noticed and a tint of red showed up on her cheeks. "Be the best coordinator you can be, Chloe. You have my support!" Ash exclaimed, extending his arm towards Chloe for a handshake. Chloe accepted the gesture, shaking Ash's hand. "Thanks, Ash!" was all she could say.

With that, Ash left the laboratory, waving everyone goodbye and flew on his Dragonite from there back home.

("Where's Pikachu?" you might ask. Well, he was sleeping in Ash's backpack. Apparently, he was up the night before heading back home.)

The Outskirts of Pallet Town

"We're here, Sylveon!" A voice from a girl with honey-blonde hair exclaimed. "Syl-veon!" Sylveon cried out in excitement. 'I'm finally here since Professor Oak's Summer Camp. That's where I met Ash. I hope to see-" Something interrupted the girl's thought as an orange dragon like Pseudo-legendary Pokémon landed right in from of her. "Woah!" The girl cried out in alarm. Her eyes laid on the trainer atop, who jumped off his Pokémon and walked towards her. The trainer was a boy with Raven-colored hair. The girl froze, in shock as she realized who the boy was. "A-Ash?!"

"Serena!" Ash smiled with a tint of red on his cheeks. "I never knew you'd come he-" Serena ran up to him, hugging him tight. Ash returned the hug, his left hand around her waist and his right on her head, stroking her hair. Serena didn't care, for she was excited to see her crush again. "It is you, Ash! You've gotten taller since we've last seen each other!" Serena said, then thought to herself. 'Is it just me, or does Ash hug like an Ursaring?'

After countless minutes of an all out, super affectionate hug the two finally broke it as Ash returned his Dragonite. "So, Serena. What are you doing here in Pallet Town?" Ash was curious, but still showed the toothy grin that Serena admired. Serena giggled nervously, but didn't know where she was going. "O-oh, uh, u-um..." She didn't know what to answer, so she stopped herself. "Well, why don't you come home with me?" Ash chuckled. Serena's face turned as red as a tomato. "Well, uh... s-sure, Ash." She struggled saying. She was flustered with how she answered. She could've said yes, but shook off the thought and called  out in determination, with her lovely smile. "Let's go, Ash!" Ash was ecstatic of Serena's change of demeanor (from flustered to determined) and exclaimed "That's the spirit!"