Episode 5: A Showcase Debut

After a few days of sightseeing Nuvema Town, the day of the showcase had finally come. Ash, Serena and Brock had breakfast at the Pokémon Center before heading out. Alexandra, on the other hand had left earlier in the morning. She had to be there to help set things up and prepare to host.

"I may as well journey on with you two, if you don't mind," Brock told Ash. "Why not, Brock?" Ash beamed. "It'd be great to have you back!" Brock and Ash gave each other a fist bump, Serena smiling at the two. "Alexandra told me she'll be busy for a while, which is why I'll travel with you two," Ash and Serena understood Brock's reasoning and simply nodded. It was the trio of Ash, his girlfriend Serena and old pal Brock journeying around the Unova Region.

After leaving the Pokémon Center, Serena went to the meadow to train a little more for her performance, Ash and Brock on the sidelines. After training the trio finally made it to the stadium, which was where the showcase was taking place. "I'm so excited, but at the same time a little nervous!" Serena exclaimed. "Don't worry, Serena! You'll show the audience here some love just as you did back in Kalos." Ash wrapped his arm around Serena in comfort. "I agree with Ash, Serena," Brock said. "The way you trained out in the meadows will pay off, no doubt. Rest assured, you'll do great" Serena's confidence gained upon hearing Brock's encouragement. She was determined to win.

"Yoo-hoo, Ash, Brock!" Called a voice from behind the trio. The three turned around and saw a bluenette girl with a Piplup by her side. Ash and Brock gasped as they saw the girl. "Dawn?!" They shouted simultaneously. Dawn ran towards Ash, raising her hand in the air with Ash doing they same. Ash and Dawn shared their iconic high-five. Serena frowned a bit and pulled Ash away from Dawn. "Ash, who is she?" She asked in a suspicious tone. "Oh, that's Dawn! She traveled with Brock and I in the Sinnoh Region, a great friend!" Meanwhile, Piplup and Pikachu shared a hug and played around. "Dawn, this is Serena," Ash introduced Serena to to the bluenette. "She's my girlfriend." Dawn gasped. "W-What?! Since when did the dense rock get a girlfriend?!" Serena chuckled at Dawn calling Ash a dense rock. "It's nice to meet you, S-Serena?" Dawn stuttered Serena's name, almost forgetting it. Serena nodded. "Sorry about my jealousy, though. I get a bit carried away when that happens," She apologized. "No need to worry!" Dawn accepted. "Anyways, are you here for the showcase? Brock asked Dawn curiously. "Yes," Dawn answered. "It's my debut here. You?" Ash answered for Serena. "She's debuting as well! Looks like you're going to have a new rival, Sere!" He giggled, which Serena did too. "Oh, Ashy!" She snickered.

Later, Serena and Dawn separated from Ash and Brock to go backstage and get ready for the showcase. Ash and Brock were sitting in the sidelines, waiting for the showcase to begin.

"Ladies and Gentlemen!" cried the voice of Alexandra. "Welcome one and all to the Nuvema Town Rookie Class Pokémon Showcase. As always I'm your hostess, Alexandra Yvonne and it is an honor having you here." The crowd cheered loudly for Alexandra.

"M'lady's a great host! Make 'em proud, Lexi!" Brock shouted. That didn't go unnoticed by Alexandra, which left her to chuckle.

"Anyways, today we have more than thirty performers who will be taking part in today's event. We will be kicking things off with our performances." The crowd continued to cheer on.

Meanwhile, in the waiting room there were dozens of performers, Dawn and Serena being no exception. "How do you feel about performing here in Unova?" Dawn questioned Serena in an exhilarated tone. "I feel appreciable," Serena answered. "Why's that?" Dawn asked again. "You see the performers in here?" Serena asked back, then interpreted. "Most of them glanced at me with smiles on their faces. They might admire my smile I gave while performing back home in Kalos."

"You are correcto, princesa!" said a soft voice with a Paldean (Spanish) accent.

A tan-skinned girl with dark brown hair and honey-blonde highlights walkeed toward Dawn and Serena, smiling radiantly. "You see, we all wanted to perform because of you, Serena." She explained. "Your smile gave us the confidence and determination to perform. You inspire us!" Serena was beyond shocked upon hearing the tan-skinned performer explaining, tears of joy escaping her eyes. "Thank you, all of you!" She cried. "Although I'm competing against you guys, I hope you all do your best. You will all do great!" She assured them. All the performers in the waiting room cheer loudly for Serena, with one of them yelling "We love you, Serena!" much to her surprise. Heck, even Dawn cheered. The tan-skinned performer whisperers in Serena's ear, saying..