Episode 2: A Champion's Delight

Please note: I've made a few changes and corrections to the chapters I published 2 years ago. Read at your own risk.

_________________________________

At the Airport, Viridian City

The newly-formed couple made their way to the airport terminal. As excited as she was, Serena was a bit nervous to be exploring a region she had never journeyed before. However, the fact that she was with Ash made her feel better.

"Ash, we finally made it!" Serena called in excitement as they neared the entrance, but suddenly frowned at the sight of an extremely tired Ash. "Oh, Ash. I guess you overslept. Huh?" She was a bit irritated. However, they arrived at the airport quite early, so she just shook it off.

"Sorry, Serena..." Ash replied, evidently half asleep. "I guess this is what happens when you stay up. Heh-heh..." he chuckled slowly, Serena giggling at Ash.

Not only did she have admiration for him as a Pokémon trainer, but she loved him dearly. 'That's my Ash!' She thought to herself, a faint blush on her cheeks.

Ash snapped out of his tiredness, grabbed Serena's arm and ran inside the airport. "Huh... ASH?!" Serena gasped, noticing that Ash "magically" revived his energy. "Can you slow down? I'm gonna fall!"

At the gating area of the airport, Ash and Serena sat down by their gate and waited for the announcement for boarding. Ash went and bought some snacks and drinks for the flight. Then, just a short moment after the announcement finally came.

"May I have your attention, please? Latios Airlines Flight 221 will be boarding in five minutes. I repeat! Latios Airlines Flight 221 will be boarding in five minutes. Thank you!" A voice from the intercom announced.

"That's our flight!" Serena exclaimed, smiling big.

"According to my phone, it said our flight will last around fifteen hours." Ash read on his phone about their flight information.

"Fifteen hours?!" Serena gasped, stunned. "Is Unova really that far away?!"

Ash turned his gaze from the screen of his phone to Serena. "Unova is almost across the world from Kanto." Ash informed. "Huh." Serena sweatdropped.

Before either of the two could talk more, another announcement came.

"May I have your attention, please? Latios Airlines Flight 221 is now boarding. For those of you who are regional champions, elites and royal families only, the 'Luxury Class' is available for this flight. Thank you!" The same voice from the intercom announced again.

Ash grinned widely. As the Alola League Champion, he was allowed to experience the 'Luxury Class.' Ash and Serena scanned their plane tickets, walked across the jet bridge to the plane and to the back of the aircraft, which was where the 'Luxury Class' was.

"Wow!" Serena thought out loud as she was looking around the cabin.

Ash gave Serena a grin, asking "Is it your first time being in 'Luxury Class'?"

Without any word said, Serena gently shook her head.

"Me neither!" Ash agreed.

The 'Luxury Class' cabin consisted of two sofas, a microwave, a fridge with snacks and drinks, a large flat-screen television, etc. Consider it a suite on a commercial aircraft.

Serena was exhilarated with what was in store of the cabin they were staying in for the flight. This was her first experience on a first class flight.

Ash knew this experience couldn't have been better, especially without his loving girlfriend. 'Making her happy is now my job!' he thought, staring fondly at Serena's loving smile.