Entries 13-14

Aug. 13,1891

Today I shall explore the huts further. After spending the last few nights in caves, I will be glad of the open air, but I would be gladder of a breeze of some sort. Nothing moves on this island. It is so silent. A man could go crazy here all alone. Thankfully, the ship returns in a few days.

I do not understand the mysterious noise at night. How can there be a noise to which nothing belongs to. A disembodied cry. I must figure this out.

Glorious news, I am not alone on this island. I knew there had to be some life. There is a girl. How she has survived at all I know not, but she is very friendly. Strangely, when she arrived, so did all of the sound. There is a rustle in the leaves, there are some birds chirping, and the waterfall makes a glorious rush as it falls. This is most strange.

The girl and I spoke briefly, she was apparently shipwrecked on this island many years ago and has been waiting for someone to find her ever since. She said that she had been observing me these past few days, too afraid to show herself.

Aug. 14, 1891

I was wrong this is not a girl its a monster and she is the reason everyone dies on this island she was the last survivor of the plague but now she drags anyone who comes to this island down with her and her family she said that she if she consumes enough souls she will be able to leave the island at last she is not to be trusted if this diary is ever found read it and never ever come to La Isla de los Muertos ever again it has earned its name the girl is going to find me any minute and shell...

******Thank you, Reader!******