Torture Via Tartaraus

Percy's P.O.V

My head snapped back as he punched my jaw. I spat a gob of blood out.

"Is that the best you can do?" I asked mockingly. Uh oh. Wrong thing to say. Tartaraus' eyes darkened with anger, his lips pulled up in a snarl.

"Do not mock me, boy!" Roared angrily and thrust a jagged knife into my stomach. I gasped in pain. He left the cell for a few minutes before coming back. A metal rod with the shape of a skull at the tip of it was held in his hand. It was glowing a hot white colour. I knew immediately what it was. A brand. I struggled against my chains, but to no avail. He circled around me and hefted the poker. I braced myself for the pain. A scream escaped my throat as he pressed it against my left shoulder blade. It felt like I was back at Mt. Saint Helens, when the Telkhines were throwing lava at me.

"Now you're branded with my mark. How does it feel? Knowing that even if you escape, you'll still have my mark on you forever." He laughed maniacally. Beads of sweat ran down my face.

"I am now going to ask what I ask every day. I hope the answer has changed. If not, well more torture." He paused before unsheathing a dagger.

"Will you join our side?"

"Never." I said defiantly. He grinned.

"Excellent. Let's begin, shall we?"