Chapter 1

Not much have I remembered anything in the dream I had before I woke up inside a hospital I never knew existed. I had needles in my hands, tubes in my nose, and a doctor who was there the whole day waiting for me to be lucid.

“Hey, thank God you’re alive!” the doctor had said.

“Wha… happe…to…me?” I heard myself say.

“Ohh yeah, that…” the doctor said. “You’ve been asleep for three months because of a car accident.”

“What!”

“Don’t worry! All your destroyed bones have been replaced with new ones. Better ones, to be exact.” The doctor had said. “You’re the first patient we’ve used it on. Consider yourself lucky.”

“I’ll consider myself lucky once I know what the hell happened to me!” The shouting made my head hurt.

“Whoa, just relax there, buddy. Don’t want to get back to sleep, do we?”

The doctor’s comedic acting only made me shout more. “What happened to me? Why am I here? Where is here?”

“Like I said, you’ve been in here for three months. The car accident was so crucial; we had to replace eighty-five percent of your bones. Luckily, there was a new project we were working on. It was called the Meta-Bone project.”

“What is the ‘Meta-Bone project’?”

“Technically, we can’t talk about what the Meta-Bone project is.” The doctor said.

“Great.” I had said.

“But, since you’re the first one to be used in the project, I’ll tell it anyway.” He said. “The M.B.P. (Meta-Bone project) is a privilege given to a person in order to limit his/her limits.”

“You lost me there, man.”

“We replace the bones into better ones, stronger and tougher. These replacements increase your endurance, speed, and strength. They practically give you extreme talents.”

“You’re kidding, right?” I had said. “This is Bullshit! It’s not possible.”

“With the technology we have today, I don’t think so.” He had said. “Tell me, you haven’t felt anything hurtful other than your headaches, right?”

“Well…yeah.”

“How do you think it’s possible for a kid like you to feel nothing but headaches when you’ve been asleep for only three months inside a hospital? Trust me, when you got here, you didn’t even have two arms attached to your shoulder.”

That made me silent for awhile. Until I realized something.

“Who am I, anyway?”