Chapter 4

I caught a glimpse of an image in the dream I had. I expected it to be a car crash scene, but instead I saw people with white clothes looking at me from above, they were…examining me or something. That was the only thing I could remember yet.

When the image in my head was gone, we were already in a dark room –not to dark for us not to see ourselves- hiding from what had seemed to be executioners that were after me for some reason.

“Who were those guys?” I demanded.

They are not important.” Lance said. “What’s important is for you to get to a safe place.” He took a gun out that was placed at the back of his pants, and loaded it with bullets.

“What’re you doing?” I asked.

“I’ll hold them off. You start running once I open the door. If anything happens to me, you don’t go back; you just keep on running until you get to this man.” He took a piece of paper out of his pocket and placed it in my hand. “You find him, and then you ask him.”

There was a loud thump on the door. I could hear the gunman’s voice calling out, “We know you’re here doppelganger! Come out or we’ll force our way in.” then there was another loud thump. “You have thirty seconds to decide.”

Then, I had a crazy idea. “They’re not important, right?” I asked Lance, and went for the door. But before I could open it, Lance stopped me.

“What’re you trying to do? Kill yourself?” Lance asked.

“Those gunmen weren’t that huge. I think I could hold them off. It’s not for sure, but we won’t know ‘til we try, right?” I opened the door and saw the gunmen’s leader, or at least, his weird looking gun pointed at me.

“Well, well.” He said. “You had a few seconds left.”

“Time was running a little late for me.” I told him.

He was wiping some sweat off his forehead. “So what’s your next move, dippy?”

“Don’t do this, Logan.” Lance went out of the room, pointing his gun at the leader. The gunmen pointed their guns at him.

“No, no.” The leader was signaling his finger at the gunmen. “Not yet, let’s see what little dippy has to say.” He lowered his gun.

“Well first, I’m going to take all of those weird looking guns of yours and destroy them before you take it back from me. Second, I’m going to kill each and every one of your gunmen. Third, I’ll kill you.”

“I’ll take you up on that, dippy.” He pointed his gun, I took it from his hand, released the magazine, and broke the barrel. The same steps were done with the other guns, and that took about two minutes to do. My increased speed made my movements unpredictable. And my eye coordination was too fast, I could see the leader’s face wondering about what was going on. It took me about half a minute to take down all of the gunmen. The only one left standing was the leader, Lance, and me. My eyes met his, and my foot went for his chest. I kicked him so hard, I heard bones cracking as he hit the wall.

I was still breathing normally after that. But my head started aching again, I started screaming.

The images came back. There was more this time. I saw an image of a body lying on a large bed, but the body looked different. It didn’t have any hair. No facial structures. It was just a body of a weird looking human. The white clothed people were examining the body. They were putting hair on it. Few were arranging its face. It was a terrible thing to see. I was able to calm down when the aching stopped.

“What is it, Logan?” I heard Lance say.

“I… I dunno.”