four

Sang-wook handed her a knife. He grabbed one of his longer ones and gripped it tightly. Do-yun was admiring the knife he had given her. The design made it look like a flame and had small holes in the blade. She loved it but didn't have enough time to admire it more since he dragged her out of his apartment and closed the door behind them.

"Do you think everyone's okay?" She looked up at him. It was apparent he at least gave the question some thought, but he didn't answer her. "Is Hyun-soo okay? His room is downstairs."

His eyes flickered over to her. "That kid was covered in blood the last time I saw him."

"Yeah, that crazy demon lady was probably trying to have him as her next meal. Or.. he was trying to kill her and failed." She gulped.

"He's probably fine."

"How do you know that? For all we know, he could be hurt! Or, worst-case scenario, he could be dead! What if he's dead? I don't want him to die; his clumsiness is funny!" She pouted. Do-yun could tell how irritated he became when she spoke about him.

The two made it to the stairwell. Do-yun started sprinting down the stairs. She didn't even bother to check if he was keeping up with her. He struggled to keep up, even though he wasn't even trying to move fast. As she made it to the door, the exit to the floor below them, she saw a goblin-like monster on the ground.

She knelt, reaching out to touch it, but Sang-wook pulled her back. "Don't touch it."

She rolled her eyes and stepped over the monster, cautiously peeking her head through the door. She saw two kids running, then saw Hyun-soo breathing heavily in the corner of the wall. His nose was bleeding heavily, and his eyes were pitch black. And in his hands, a makeshift spear. His grip on the spear was so tight she couldn't even pull it away from him.

Do-yun ran over and shook him by his shoulders. "Hyun-soo, snap out of it!" She yelled. He was breathing heavily. He couldn't hear her, and he could barely speak.

Sang-wook appeared behind her, spotting the kids down the hallway. He walked down, tapping Su-yeong on the shoulder. She turned around with her little brother's hand in hers.

"Are you two okay?" He asked. Yeong-su's face was red from all his crying, and his eyes were slightly bloodshot.

"Our dad.. he's gone.." Su-yeong wiped her tears. "A-And there are monsters everywhere, and it's scary! And s-some old man told us to go to his room!"

He blinked. "Don't trust random strangers. What was the man's room number."

"I think 1410." She sniffled. Sang-wook nodded his head slowly and grabbed ahold of the children's hands, walking them down to room 1410. Leaving kids with strangers was something he knew not to do. Especially after dealing with a certain someone, he became significantly overprotective of children. He knocked on the door to the man's apartment, having to wait a few minutes until a man in a wheelchair opened the door.

"Ah, the kids." He nodded his head towards Sang-wook. "I'm Du-sik. Nice to meet you and whatnot- kids come in." He gestured for them to come inside. Inside the room, there was a desk with multiple hand-made weapons, along with a rack with plenty to choose from. There were wires everywhere, but apart from that, his apartment looked seemingly ordinary.

"Leave them with me. Take care of the boy." Du-sik nodded toward him again. Sang-wook gave him a nod and exited his room, walking back down the hallway.

"He's not answering me!" Do-yun groaned. She picked him up; at least, he could still walk. She led him down the stairwell, Sang-wook following behind them.

They all stood silent, but their silence didn't last long as a tall, beefy monster came down the stairs. Do-yun almost passed out at sight. Luckily, the drunken goblin reacted to the other monster's noise and stretched its arm out to the other. Then a fight broke out between the two. It was pure luck that the three of them managed to miss the drunken goblin's arm.