eleven

Day 5.

Do-yun sits down in the daycare with Su-yeong and Yeong-su. She treated the two as her little siblings, or more so as her kids. She's always dreamed of having children of her own when she was younger. Her plan was to have twins with matching names, just like them. She was going to give them matching outfits and everything until they got tired of it.

She was always good around kids. She made sure to be gentle around the younger ones and not say the wrong thing around older ones. She used to be a teen herself. She knew what ticked kids off.

"Ha! I win!" Yeong-su throws his cards on the blanket. Su-yeong shoved him to the ground and Do-yun laughed.

"Do we still get to play with you later?" Su-yeong asks.

"Yeah, you're always busy and you never get time to play with us!" Yeong-su sits up and looks at her.

"Ugh, guys you know I have a lot on my plate right now. I have to take things slow. And besides, I promised to play with you guys once this is all over!" She places her hands on the kids shoulders.

"Who knows when this is gonna be over..?" Yeong-su pouts.

"I have an idea. Let's make bracelets! I know there's some strings and beads somewhere.. or maybe rubber bands. I know where string is!"

Do-yun jumps up and runs to the door, opening it to be greeted by the wide smile of Duri. She let out a relieved sigh and giggled.

"I'm so glad it's you. Can you help me make bracelets with the kids?"

"Uh.." Duri chuckled lightly. "I don't know how to make them."

"I'll teach you! It's super easy." She grabs his hand. "Guys, Ill be back! I'm looking for some string!"

She drags Duri out of the daycare and closes the door behind her. Duri smiled at her innocence during the situation. She still managed to keep a smile on her face and being joy to everyone even when everyone was at risk of dying.

Duri gripped her hand while she dragged him away and she didn't seem to be bothered by it. She didn't even notice he gripped it.

They make it to a room with a few supplies in it. She lets go of his hand and searches around the room. In the corner, she found enough string for making bracelets and she took it.

"How'd you learn to make bracelets?" Duri asks.

"While I was in the hospital, I learned." She stands up and turns to him.

"Hospital?"

"Uh, yeah." She chuckles. "I went to the hospital because of my ex when I was younger. I'm fine now, obviously, but they let me make bracelets."

"Your ex hurt you?" Duri pretended to be shocked. "I'm so sorry that happened."

"Ah.. it's fine. He's gone now."

He places a comforting hand on her shoulder. "Well, you're somewhat safe with everyone around here! Maybe not that gangster guy but-"

"What's wrong with Sang-wook?"

Duri caught himself bringing him up. "Nothing! Nothing. Just, he looks intimidating."

"Well, I really like him. Don't tell him this but... we kissed and that kiss made me go crazy. Two kisses and I've never felt as crazy as I did then. That kiss was amazing."

Duri laughed at her. Maybe taking advantage of her was going to be easier than he thought.

"Well, someone told me something happened between him and Yu-ri. You're still going back to him after that?"