five

Hyun-soo was inside a room utterly different than the one Do-yun was in. He didn't recognize anything, but it seemed to be an arcade. It had video games and an air hockey table in the room, and in the corner were two large couches and a tv. There was a pillar separating it.

He looked around, puzzled. He thought he was out of his mind. That was until Jae-hwan and Seung-wan appeared in the doorway looking into the room. Byung-ill appeared as well.

"You had a really bad nose bleed while you were out. And you fell like- 15 floors!" He huffed in surprise. "I don't understand how you're still alive and you were the one that hit the ground harder, not that girl."

"Girl?" Hyun-soo mumbled. Then it hit him. He was protecting Do-yun while she was falling.

"D-Do-yun! Is Do-yun okay?!"

"I didn't know you liked older girls." Jae-hwan chortled. "How old even is she?"

"Hye-in said she was going to turn 21 this year. Hye-in knows everything about everyone." Seung-hwan said. Jae-hwan raised his eyebrow and side-eyed Hyun-soo.

"How long have you both been dating?"

Hyun-soo was dumbfounded. "D..Dating? We're not dating.. I don't even know her that well." He'd pause. "Why am I in here?"

"The symptoms of turning into a monster are severe nose bleeds, hallucinations, etc. And i'm pretty sure even passing out," Eun-hyuk said from a dark corner. "And you experienced all three of the things I mentioned. You're being quarantined until we can find out what's wrong."

"But is Do-yun okay?" Hyun-soo repeated himself.

"She's surprisingly well. Majority of the damage happened to you but your wounds seem to be..." He paused. "Healing quickly. But you can't go and see her. You're a danger to everyone and we need to keep an eye on you."

"Can she come see me?"

Eun-hyuk sighed. Why did this boy ask so many questions? He looked towards the three men, who didn't want anything to do with him.

"Sure, I.. I can bring her over. I'll have to get past her bodyguard." The last part, he muttered under his breath.

Hyun-soo nodded and sat on the couch while Eun-hyuk left and closed the shutters behind him. He looked at Jae-hwan, then Seung-wan and Byung-il as he marched down the hall. He felt like a maid having to go back and forth between everyone, trying to mediate situations and fix relationships.

That was the last thing he had to worry about during a time like this.

Instead of walking into the medbay, he walked back into the manager's office, testing whether the P.A. system was still working. This would be a much faster way of talking to anyone who didn't come down to the first floor.

While his back was turned, Jin-ok snuck behind him and walked over to the switches, lifting the shutters. Then she crept back out, attempting to leave the building.

That is until Jae-hwan and Byung-il blocked her from leaving.

"My daughter is out there! She's there, just let me leave!" Jin-ok screamed at the men, but they ignored her and kept her restrained.

"Why don't you understand, ma'am?! You'll die if you go out there!"

"The tongue monster!" Seok-hyeon yelled. "It's out there and if it eats you, we won't feel bad!"

Jin-ok snatched her arms out of Jae-hwan's arm right when Eun-hyuk came out. All of the noise was irritating him. She yells. "My daughter is out there!"