𝟏-𝑪𝒂𝒊𝒓𝒐

𝑷𝑶𝑽: 𝑴𝒂𝒈𝒏𝒐𝒍𝒊𝒂

After about 17 hours 

with like a 2 second layover,  

can't believe that we're actually and finally in Cairo. 

Drowsily smiling and looking out the window, I see the burning sun-set over the tan-looking buildings, making the whole city look like it was set on fire. I look to my left wanting to tell my mother to look over and see the city...but she's completely, out just like my dad right next to her. Snoring louder than the hum of the plane engine. "Nevermind..." I say quietly giggling  to myself.

I hear the jingle of the intercom echo though the chamber before the the pilot announces the landing. "Hello, this is your captain speaking. We will be landing shortly. Please remain in your seats until the cabin has landed." I lean almost on the edge of my seat (even though I know i'm supposed to sit back until the plane lands) trying catch a glimpse of the moon and stars while we're  up this high. After years of reading traveling magazines, looking at Egyptian blogs,  watching documentaries, memorizing all the lines from the Mummy and getting tangled up in that new Marvel "Moon-Kinght" series (AUTHOR EDIT: "Laters Gators!!!!..") I have never been more prepared and excited for this trip! 

I feel like i've always kind of had an interest in Egypt since I was a child.  My obsession first really  started when my dad rented "The Raiders of The Lost Ark" for movie night when I was around 7, and instead of being afraid of the fighting or the creepy parts...I was fascinated by the pyramids and the market places and the mythology from the city of Cairo. I was so obsessed with the film that I watched it every single day until it was time to take it back to the video store, and when it was time to take it back, I hid it under our couch so my parents wouldn't find it...and I still have it today. I actually packed it with me in my bag, just to complete this little childhood dream of mine. 

I know it sounds clique and almost like a lie just to make myself sound more interesting, but I feel like my attraction to Egypt runs deeper than me just replaying that Indian Jones tape when I was a child. I feel like i've had a connection with it far, far before then, but of corse I don't remember what happened before then because I was so young. 

I try to think about this personal phenomena that i've had for little while longer before I'm suddenly shocked by the abrupt bumps of the plane trying to land. "OH SHOOT-!!!" I yell out accidentally slapping both of my parents in the face with my flailing limbs. "Sorry ya'll!" I say, only to see that even after all of the turbulence and and yelling...that they're still asleep.  "Maybe a red-eye wasn't such a good idea."  I say holding on for dear life to my seat while my stomach feels like its hitting the bottom of the plane. 

Finally the plane stops moving and I look over at the window again.  Seeing the full moon out and  the thick blanket of night sky that has now completely swallowed the sunset that was there a few moments ago. 

"Good evening passengers, welcome to Cairo."

Author note:

HEYYYYYYY!!!! what up???

So i'm B, I write a lot as a hobby but i'm new to publishing on Wattpad so I really hope you enjoy this first published story! I'll post when I feel like it, and when I don't I won't, but feel free to give any suggestions if you wanna see something specific or if you have any questions!

💖I hope you enjoy my writing💖

Love, B

(ps. I have a terrible habit of abandoning stories when they get really good so seriously, if you have any suggestions please tell me!)