𝟑 - 𝑺𝒎𝒐𝒌𝒆

𝑷𝑶𝑽: 𝑴𝒂𝒈𝒏𝒐𝒍𝒊𝒂

TW: Recalling Nightmares, Hospital scene

I immediately wake up from last nights dream, almost jolting out of the bed. I wake up as I usually do from these episodes. Not being able to breath, shaky and hot tears running down my face even though I'm not sad. I haven't taken the pills in about 2 months, but the dreams I had the last time definitely weren't as vivd as they were last night. The screams were much louder and the dialogue was much clearer. Every now and then I caught glimpses of the faces in the dream,  but there was one that remained pretty much clear the entire time. It was of a boy. I've seen him before but I could never entirely make him out until last night. Last night, he seemed to come up several times and he knew my name. I can't remember everything that happened but we were talking about something serious and then suddenly, I was walking in the woods and I picked up something  red and the stable ground swallowed me up, leaving me in a dark cave underground. I tried to call for help, and I yelled that name again up towards the surface. but nothing happened. Then I heard loud foot steps coming towards me..

and I woke up.

I  frantically look out at the balcony window.  Finally seeing the pyramids from it as the hot gold sun pours in. I almost forgot I'm in Cairo. My father walks into my side of the room, just waking up "Good morning Ma- Baby, are you alright? Did you catch something from the plane? What's wrong??" He says running up to me. I shaky swallow and try not to show how much I'm hyperventilating. "It's okay. I'm fine. I just, had another one of those dreams last night." "Dawn, come in here for a sec...Maggi had another nightmare." My mom soon comes in rushing over to me. "Oh, honey are you okay? Maybe I shouldn't have told you to take those things again." I finally start to calm down and relax a bit after waking up. "No, guys I promise it's okay. I haven't taken them in a little while so my brain just needs to get used to them again." I say rubbing the back of my neck and trying to focus on breathing. "Okay well, I saw that breakfast is going to be served in a few minutes so I think we should head down to the lobby and find out where it is. You need to get some food." My mom says going back into the room to get dressed. "Oh, right..." I say hopping out of bed to my suitcase, hopefully a full breakfast will help me recover from last night. All I had on the plane was a few nuts, a boiled egg my mom packed and a sprite plus a water. I quickly get dressed in a burnt orange shirt, a beautiful long cream satin skirt and tie my braids up in a messy ponytail. I planned the trip about 3 months in advance, including my wardrobe so that my outfits would perfectly match what I wanted this trip to feel like. Especially because I wanted to plan out outfits that would respect the culture. Some will call me finicky, I just call it prepared. 

We head down to the hotel lobby and ask the woman at the desk were breakfast is held and we follow her directions to a large outdoor patio on the other side of the hotel. We walk out to the patio that seems to be filled with other hotel guests who came even early than we did. I look at the time and it's already 10:57am. 'I really hope that we don't miss breakfast!' I say to myself, starving. We sit down at a nice table that give a perfect view out on the hotel entry and the city. The palm trees lined up along the sidewalk along with the high sun makes me think of home back in Pasadena. A waiter comes with some menus and we order a some beverages while we look over the food. I look over the menu for a little bit and see a breakfast platter that comes with a few boiled eggs, pita bread, hummuses, a salad and some mixed fruits.  Instantly My mouth starts watering just by reading it and I know that it's what I want to order. My parents make their orders as well, getting stuff that was similar to what I had ordered since they're not entirely familiar with the food yet. "So last night we made a deal...Do you care to tell me what your dream was about? You don't have to if you don't want to, I just want to know better about what's happening to you." My mother says, clearly worried and guilty at the fact that she made me take them.