Chapter 1: Rose's Flashbacks

Rose Hineki just finished her last subject for the day at the prestigious Akita University.

"Whew. It has been a hell week lately. I got a lot of projects and assignments to tackle. "

She exclaimed.

She's also involved in a lot of extracurricular activities.

"Hey Rose, we're going to have a party for incoming freshmen in college in the next few days. That means you're also invited. come in and join in the fun?"

Takeshi, her best friend since secondary school, said.

Rose put her arm around him, then they hopped inside her car and drove him back to the dorm he is staying. " Nah. Sorry man, I'll have to decline for now. Maybe some other time. I still have a lot of stuff to attend to. See you tomorrow."

After that, she went home, took a shower, and dealt with the assignments and projects.

Then she drove straight to an upscale coffee shop on the other side of the city.

Then she sat down and ordered a cup of espresso.

While sipping the espresso she ordered, she took out her smartphone and then quickly checked for any important task she forgot to take care of.

Just as she is tinkering around, an important email popped up, right in time.

Rose read the content of the email. It turned out to be a top-secret order by the Premier himself.

Then she chatted with her Co-Units and asked them if they received the same email.

They all answered yes.

She had a feeling that things were starting to get busier and more hectic from now on. And more uncertain, too.

Just as she put away her phone, she had a flashback of events that changed her forever.

Rose will never forget the night the grisly crime that will forever mess up her life and turn her whole life upside down happened.

She met up with her uncle by chance in his condo unit in upscale Akiko.

They were both tired at that time and happened to be both returning back home to the province district of Toshiko for a vacation.

He just finished his duty in a distant district infested with Renegades, which is Honshu District.

He didn't dare try to drive his enchanted smart van all the way back to Toshiko in order to safeguard against a possible ambush, so they just took public transportation instead.

After speeding along the highway through the self-driving taxis, they finally arrived at the provincial bus station.

While they were on their way home, they greeted each other and asked how they fared in day-to-day life. They also shared plans on what will be done after arriving home.

They thought that we could still see their family but they were to be proved wrong.

Fate was already laughing at them in a high, cold, cruel, and sinister laugh.

Rose's parents, her siblings, and the rest of the household staff were all killed without mercy.

They were dismayed and in disbelief at what greeted their eyes upon arriving back home.

It turned out that Rose's elder brother went home ahead of them.

At first, they were in disbelief at what greeted their eyes and ears the moment they arrived home.